Wanted: Campag 8 Speed Cassette 13 -28

OldSchoolSpinner

Retro Newbie
Hi - long shot I know. But does anyone have a Campagnolo 8 speed 13-28 exa drive cassette no longer required or know of a shop that has one gathering dust on a shelf please?

According to an exa-drive 8 speed manual I have, Campag did one with the following ratios:

13 - 14 - 16 - 18 - 20 - 22 - 25 - 28 (all B sprockets).

Thanks.

8 speed sprockets

Dont forget you can make your own sizes by using Marchisio sprockets and their adapters for campag or shimano
I get mine from Highpath Engineering.
Campag dont seem to think that you need an 18 T sprocket !!!!

Re: 8 speed sprockets

orbeas":1w8jmn1p said:
Dont forget you can make your own sizes by using Marchisio sprockets and their adapters for campag or shimano
I get mine from Highpath Engineering.
Campag dont seem to think that you need an 18 T sprocket !!!!

Thank you very much for your post, very useful indeed.

Have just been to the Highpath Engineering site and it is just the type of thing I have been looking for (if a little expensive, but I guess they do not shift loads of them...)! Also has the option for spacing an 8 speed on a 9 speed Campag hub. The Campag spacing Kit-01 to do this has been difficult to find recently too.

Thanks very much!

8 speed

I think to convert a 9 speed to an 8 speed on a campag take out a sprocket and use the normal 8 speed spacers, if it is still loose then you will have to make up a spacer to put on before the cassette.
to convert an 8 speed to a 9 speed add a sprocket and use 10 speed spacers, works a treat.

Re: 8 speed

orbeas":2ljcnjrx said:
I think to convert a 9 speed to an 8 speed on a campag take out a sprocket and use the normal 8 speed spacers, if it is still loose then you will have to make up a spacer to put on before the cassette.
to convert an 8 speed to a 9 speed add a sprocket and use 10 speed spacers, works a treat.

You have certainly been doing some very useful cassette 'fettling'! :D

8 speed

You have to theses days as Campag do not seem interested in there old 8/9 speed equipment.
Plus 8 speed wheels are a lot cheaper then 9/10 speed ones especially if you can find some Mavic Helium red ones which are super light.

Re: 8 speed

orbeas":z52mzvu9 said:
You have to theses days as Campag do not seem interested in there old 8/9 speed equipment.
Plus 8 speed wheels are a lot cheaper then 9/10 speed ones especially if you can find some Mavic Helium red ones which are super light.

Another top tip - thank you so much for your posts.

Didn't know about the Heliums - they even have them on the Mavic History part of their site!

Back