IOW aftermath, 5/6/11 aka "the ordeal!"

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
5 hardy souls met at the ferry terminal, 2 were late and 1 was later!! :facepalm: our 6th was already on the island so we met him in yarmouth

the gang was, me, wu-tangled, heathy, kleinmadchris, ibelieveinfixies and my mate adam.

as a result of being late we got the next ferry! by which time we worked out we would miss food at the pub :(

so we altered the routeplan, we headed up on to the naughty trails towards the needles and alum bay, the riding was good and dry and the conversation was . . . . well . . . wrong!! :LOL: :LOL: IBIF was in shock i think :LOL: Gus just disapproved with a :roll: !! :LOL: by the time we got to the tennyson monument is persisting down and getting quite cold, the was talk of binning the ride, we were already 2 punctures in, cold, wet, but our humourous spirit was keeping us going up and over the golfcourse climb.

we descended the back end of the golfcourse which was wet and chalky and headed up limerstone down at which point i saw something i have never seen . . . . some one who shouts "granny ring is for losers!!" was on the granny ring!! who could it be?? i'll let you guess!! :D

there was talk of food, none in sight, we altered the route in favour of a return to yarmouth via a different route around the golfcourse, the total milage worked out at 22.5 miles, but the climbing according to the app on the phone was nearly 1900 feet!! :shock: shows just how much up and down there is on the island! considering the wind and rain we were happy with the milage and even happier when we got back to the ferry port to find the "old gaffers festival". there were various stalls for food etc, which was badly needed! :p we all had the paella and heathy chomped down some german sausage aswel!! :LOL: a few dodgy comments came out, then the best line in response i have heard in a long time "is that a goose i notice in your step?" :LOL:

we said our goodbyes to KMC as he was going back to family and the rest headed for the ferry, at which point the life boat was off to rescue "some f***tard" :LOL: next thing we know Gus is talking to some old biddy about was she a burmoid?!! :shock: :LOL: :LOL:

we were in tears, i managed to record the conversation on the video option on the camera but sneeky gus deleted it! :eek:

then he went to play kate winslet on the outer deck of the ferry! :D

Attachments

• naughty trails.jpg
    naughty trails.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 644
  • the group.jpg
    the group.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 644
  • pre ride faffing.jpg
    pre ride faffing.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 644
and here's a couple of random pics :D

Attachments

• heathy gets some sausage.jpg
    heathy gets some sausage.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 642
  • the wizard.jpg
    the wizard.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 642
  • don't ask.jpg
    don't ask.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 642
  • off on a mission.jpg
    off on a mission.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 642
Genius.

As ever, thanks to JB for a great day out. Always feels like I'm going on holiday when we go over there on that ferry.

Good Burmoid she was. :LOL:

Don't like the ferry? Float over in a rubber ring and get picked up by that big orange taxi (pictured above) and be back in half the time for free luv. :LOL:

"Are you still chopping that up?"

So wrong. :shock: :LOL:

Looks like a great ride there chaps :cool: and a right old laff too :LOL:

you will be flying at Mayhem JB666 with all this riding you have been doing :D

unfortunately i don't feel that quick at all, i seem to beable to do what i want but just not particularly fast :(

all my mtb's are sorted ready for mayhem now, except my st4 which is spending 2 days in wales on thursday/friday so other than those 2 days they'll be no more mtb riding till mayhem so i'll do a couple of road rides tomorrow and wednesday. then back to work on monday after a stag weekend then 3 days work and it's time for mayhem!! :D

TheGreenRabbit":1yazslae said:
Sorry I could not have been with you, no luck on finding out about a Burmoid, any relation to Gunt ?

streetwars did come up in conversation, he was there in spirit!! :LOL:

naughty_trails_199.jpg

I'm the one on the far left of the shot with the HUUUUUUGE camelbak stuffed mainly with Wu's stupidly big and heavy jacket.

(Also the only one on a Retrobike, thumbies, cantis, steel frame and fork...)

Back