Modern Cyclocross - Brand New Cotic X

Digger90

Old School Hero
Bought 3 weeks ago, partially built up but then changed direction.

Never ridden and in as new condition.

Forks have never even been fitted and steerer is uncut, obviously.

Complete frame in Black with Cotic Steel Forks, including all the little bolts, cable guide thingy etc that comes new with the frame.

Any inspection welcome. It's a new frame!

£300 posted.

P1000476.jpg

P1000478.jpg

P1000479.jpg

P1000480.jpg

P1000481.jpg

P1000482.jpg

P1000483.jpg

P1000484.jpg

P1000485.jpg

P1000486.jpg

I also have a complete build kit for this bike if you're interested, including a brand spanking new handbuilt Stans wheelset: Stans ZTR355 rims on Stans 3.30 hubs (disc compatible) on DT Supercomp butted spokes, alloy nipples, etc... the perfect CX wheelset, which cost £350.

Also have brand new Frogleggs in White...

Brand new SRAM Rival CX chainset (38/46)

Brand new Shimano 105 10spd shifters/levers

Brand new 105 10spd 13-27 cassette, KMC 10spd chain etc etc etc...

I also have a brand new Columbus Tusk carbon CX fork for it...

Basically, I could do a package discounted price on everything, or your choice of whatever bits anyone wanted.

Lovely looking bikes these, would look ace next to my Soul, probably prefer the orange though! Out of interest how much for the complete package?

Trevor.

Afraid, as much as I'd love it, I'm not a potential buye at the moment, but I reckon if I was I'd be keen to know the size... ;)

reanimation":3qoww5zw said:
Sweet :cool: This would be nice as I'm missing gears! But I'd get shot, and its a bit Posh for Manchester... :-S

Plus you've got a frame in my boot... :cool:
:LOL:

Sorry for my tardiness - have been away on business all week.

Frame size is 56cms (which has a 55cm effective top tube).

Package price would be in the region of £1,400 which may be more than many would spend on a Crosser, but I went with a select choice of high end stuff and Shimano 105 everywhere else... the wheels alone were £400.

Cotic build these up with Tiagra/Sora etc around the £800 - £900 mark but they use a wheelset that costs all of £85 (Yikes!). Yes, Google around...

I s'pose it depends on what you want a Cotic X for.. If commuting, Cotic's Weekday build is acceptable and is good value. If you want an X for a bit of trail work, maybe do a couple of CX races, as an alternate to a carbon road bike (all of which I did) then the Weekday is a little cheesy/cheap and you'd be better off with the Sunday build as the Tiagra/Sora mix and cheap wheels on the Weekday just won't be up to it.

Mind you, even the Sunday build has cheapy wheels and finishing kit - I was building my Cotic X with a select mixture of high end stuff where it counts eg wheelset, stem, bars, post, tyres, seat and forks, and Shimano 105 everywhere else. As such, my build is significantly better specced than Cotic's Sunday build - the wheels and fork for example make a huge difference to the overall ride quality of the bike.

Here's what it cost. Am open to offers on everything:

Cotic X steel f&f. £350

Columbus carbon fork £150

SRAM Rival CX chainset/BB £160

Frogleggs £30

Hope Hs. £60

Thomson post £60

Fizik Arione Seat. £65

Stans Wheels. £350

Continental GP 28mm Tyres. £60

105 10spd Shifters. £160

Shimano 600 Fr der. £20

Shimano 105Rear der. £45

3T Ergonova Bars £65

3T ARX Stem £49

Tubes, cables, bar tape etc... £35

Everything listed is new except the bars, stem, frt derailleur, seat and post. The wheels have been ridden for a mile up the road.

Back