4th Annual Glentress meet AFTERMATH!

Just got to this thismorning, was too knackered lastnight to even turn the computer on :LOL:

Awesome day though, great riding, people and banter, great to meet new faces, realy enjoyed the DH8 (first time i'd used it properly), even pushing it up the hills was'nt so bad, excellent fun on the downs, realy does smash it's way through the crappyest lines and makes up for lack of skill :)

Loved GMac's Zaskar, stunning machine :cool:

Enid (BigBaws) deserves a MacRetro Loon award for that drop :LOL:

Was a good day out, feeling a bit sore today (shoulder, arm, wrist) from my stupid crash on the blue :oops: but, i'm glad to say, nothing holiday threatening. With less than 3 weeks to go I think i'll stick to road riding for a while.

I had a great day hooning around all the trails of GT :D

Fitness still letting me down in bits, I didnae keep up with MacRetro elite for the climb up to the top at the Kipps shelter on the black, I shortcutted up a path to the end of the Brittany Speirs descent. I did get 80% up the final climb to the radio mast though which was a first for me so that was some recompence :)

Great banter from all the lads as usual with some class comedy moments such as Ecks teeter on the edge of a dropoff he should have nailed and Rado's excellent 'look at me I'm so cool' sliding stop that ended in a crash :LOL: I also managed to do the 'Mushroom pie' freewheel challenge whilst at the same time causing a pile up behind me :LOL:

I'm now proper knackered, lounging in front of the box watching the French Open tennis final :cool:

Brilliant day out, this ride had more crashes than any of the ones with zigzag in attendance. I'm on cocodamol today :) stiff as a board. After gt, ocp and I spent an hour at Eck's raking through the shed of wonder. :cool: :cool:

Enid_Puceflange":33v4ewbs said:
Legs are feeling it today,

I wonder how O.c.p is feeling , looked like a bad cut on his leg :?

G

'Tis but a scratch. I've had worse.

Once I washed it, it looked OK. Scratched to buggery but it's 'no that sair. TK's ribs seemed to be a bit sair though. He's got my sympathy.

As TK said we had a rummage in Big Eck's "shed". When he opened the door I did a doubletake and went WTF, it's longer than it looks from front. :D

Although feeling totaly knackered my legs don't feel that bad, probably kick in during rest of day.

The photos look great, wish I'd not left my phone in car as I've got no pics.

I never took many photo's :oops:

Not me giving the "bird" , was holding my glove in my mouth
happy looking bunch , huh? :LOL: :LOL:

8b658235.jpg

3642badd.jpg

10f886f4.jpg

Great view
014e008b.jpg

b71aa050.jpg

G

lads, nice to meet you all. good to put some faces to those avatars & see your steel

fair enjoyed my first pedal about gt, trails were great, the climb up to that mast was epic, not climbed something so long in recent memory. thrilled & scared the life out myself on the way back down :shock:.

i'm up for some more of that, apologies I had to run away, but I was walking a tightrope being the wife birthday, she's a good lass

enid, i've a very short movie of your drop off

eck, I have two movies of your brake tests, they seemed to work fine

Back