Current owner: yes
V5 present: yes
Price: £195 ono

Additional Information:

Colour: Original VW black
Transmission: Automatic
Engine 1.6 petrol
Mileage: 105000

'Eva' is for sale. To drive away this week ideally as I am borrowing a private parking space and would hate to send to the scrappy.

All original except a replaced window winder and new CD/MP3 player (Kenwood, cost £80.00). Currently MOT'd, needs a fair bit doing but is not a rustbucket. Was used as our family runabout until 2 weeks ago and has been very reliable. New car/no space forces sale.

Few dents and scrapes, only three or four 5p sized rust spots showing. Passenger door is the worse dent, some codger drove then braked gently into it as I watched (sigh). Window winds perfectly well, dent may just push out from the inside. Driver door has smaller dent (see pics)

Windscreen wiper snapped (kept it), exhaust blowing, engine noisy (tapping), driver's seat worn through on bolster and doesn't tip forward like the passenger seat does. Slow radiator leak. Sunroof sticks. All that kind of niggly stuff that I don't have time for. Auto box shifts fine. Interior - sun crack on top of dash, some tearing on liner by boot, otherwise OK, carpets OK( need vacuuming). Passenger and rear seats OK.

Needs looking at, ideal project. Tyres all good. New CD player/MP3/Radio fitted. Owner's workshop manual included in sale, also long part service history up til 2007, I have changed the oil since then. Brakes done last year

MOT valid til June 24th 2011. Needs saving, classic car, sad to see her go. Couple of spares (leather Sirocco steering wheel, 2 rear light clusters) that can go with it subject to negotiation. Daren

£195.00, open to offers. (Worcestershire). Comes with two original VW keys.

i am soo tempted. what sort of trades would you be interested in?

does the auto box kill the mpg?

lewis1641":259ci8e7 said:
i am soo tempted. what sort of trades would you be interested in?

does the auto box kill the mpg?

Trades? Hmmm - Bike, rolling chassis, top wheelset, electronics, lights, etc etc etc.

To be honest, any trades worth around £200-250 that I can keep in my study and sell on (or replace one of my growing MTB stable) would be suitable. Feel free to PM, all things considered (except husbands, wives, Raleigh Activators or children)

We were going to MOT this again at the end of June and put the work in and keep her, but someone traded me a car for a bike two weeks back, and the other car is an estate which suits our purposes better right now.

MPG - She gets 30-40mpg, less if just stop and go in towns. Cheaper to run than the new car, (and half the price to insure) but not as good as modern cars obviously. A great car for long day trips on A roads, fun to drive. 70mph feels like 120...

As I say, this needs to go before the weekend as I'm off cycling for a fortnight trip and don't have parking for it then. Am over a barrel so bargain for someone.

Have also advertised on the Scirocco Register forum today.

Back