SORTED

I'm pretty sure V1s only came in one width (73mm) with two 2.5mm spacers to fit it to 68mm shells... HTII spacers should do the trick I imagine, not that you'll need any on a 73mm shell.

Happy to be corrected but I think that's how it works! :? :)

When i couldn't get hold of an XTR one, i used 105 or ultegra roadie ones.
If memory serves i used a 118mm one which was for a 105 triple chainset.
Worked fine for me but obviously all frames are different and i don't know if they come in 73mm :roll: :D

I don't have one either :roll: ... but I just used an ES70 bb I picked up cheap to put a 952 chainset in a 73mm frame so I know that works. I think the ES51 and ES25 should also work and are also avail in 73mm. If no joy here, there are normally an assortment on e**y.

Cheers for the help with everything, didn't realize there were 2types of octalink till I got these cranks! I have a v2 bb but the splines are longer, so would this not work?

I'm watching one on eBay anyway so u never know!

Needs to be V1 to get a proper interface I think, but sure now that there was only ever one width to fit both 68mm and 73mm shells (with two 2.5mm spacers if used with 68mm), so that's one less thing to worry about :cool:

I'm 99% sure none of the ES-- BB's are compatible.
The splines are a different size and pitch, i tried it myself and the crank worked loose after about a mile.
On inspection of the crank arm all the splines were damaged :?
It still works, just about, with the appropriate BB but has to be done up murder tight :roll:
You have been warned :D

Appreciate the advice! I don't want to risk using the wrong bb fitment. Missed the one that went on eBay ......... AAAAAAARRRRRSSSSE!

The 105 ones are 70mm shell max I think so that will be a bit too narrow for the 73mm shell!

Might stick the cranks on eBay and look for some nicer conditioned m750 square taper ones?! :roll: :evil:

Back