What a Great Day :-)

Fairyglass

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Finished building my new road bike today- or at least got it so I can ride it, pending some final components. Here it is:
IMG_0254.jpg

I got the frame a couple of months ago- it's a 653 refurbished by Chris Marshall, but I'm not sure it's one of theirs originally. It's got wonderful chromed Nervex lugs, drilled Campag dropouts, and fastback seat stays. I found a Campag Record/Super Record groupset in the Netherlands, and finished it with bits from here plus my spares pile. Took it for a ride today, it feels great, really lively.

Having finished the road ride, I took my Bontrager mtb to our local trail centre for the afternoon, which was equally rewarding- it's been a great day! I hope everyone else has had a good one too! :D

There is only a 'him' with Chris, he works on his own. You could call him and see if he knows its history and if it is one he actually built or just refurbished.

Looks very nice whatever :D

Great looking bike.

Been a good day down here - weatherwise. Took out my all chrome Carlton Constellation, always looks good in the sun! :cool:

Back