Disc setup recommendation for Klein?

RooDBwoY

Devout Dirtbag
Afternoon all,

I have a lovely 2001 Klein Attitude that I'm thinking of turning into a proper more-modern bike.

It's currently got some modern carbon goodies (seatpost, bars and bottle cage), M970 XTR crankset, both mechs and rapidfire shifters (I'll buy some SPDs to match soon), Hope TiGlide hubs on Mavic X517 Ceramic rims and Magura HS-33 hydraulic rim brakes.

What I'm tempted to do is change the wheels and brakes for disc spec. What do you lot recommend? Bearing in mind I want to maintain the XTRish high-spec (but not necessarily stick with Shimano) ? Are Avid or Hope disc setups the best? Or are the Shimano ones as good/better?

I also want the wheels to be very light, possibly with a low spoke count (I'm only 11st and mechanically sympathetic) and have decent quality hubs with sealed bearings.

Any ideas would be grand!

EDIT - Oh, and I only ever do singletrack work. So no need for any hardcore bombproof downhill-spec gear.

Here she is...

00.jpg

Actually, I'm not sure what type of mount it is, I'll take another snap and upload it.

My bro has the same frame but in pearlescent white and his had a mount thing bolted onto the bolt hole on the rear drop-out which his Avid Juicy carbon brake bolted straight onto with no fuss. But I don't have that mount bit so would need to source that too.

had the same frame with that mount.it's a hayes mount so you'll need an adaptor,depending on the brake you're fitting unless you find a hayes mag rear disc brake which will fit straight on tickety boo :D

oops sorry,completely different to mine :oops:
your front forks are post mount which is easy enough but i'm not sure on that rear end :? don't think it's i.s but i'm usually wrong
someone with far more knowledge than me will be along soon

Back