It will be the only one in the world Merlin Di2- Finished

Di2 is working fine ,and no reason why it should not work on a mtb .
especially with a 2 * 10 set up .

have a look on the ww forum for great ideas on how to take apart the battery to fit in the seat post or other places .

Would it be cheaper to use Nexave mechs, they've been around for longer too or is there some fundamental difference in the Di2 of them both?

FluffyChicken":mkqlrkn9 said:
Would it be cheaper to use Nexave mechs, they've been around for longer too or is there some fundamental difference in the Di2 of them both?

di2 is the new electronic shifting from shimano and it is only available on dura ace.

thanks andy

orange71":1zq3db2i said:
what the advantages of the system?

you dont have to worry about how you change gear it does all the trimming and it is just a case of pressing a button, it is super slick

Working perfect just got to tidy up cables after she has been out on a good days run and this project is done. i'm proud of the way i have done the triggers, but i am going to intergrate these into the brake levers.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

final pics when she is ready to go on show for mountain mayhem.

thanks andy

It truly works, just come off a ride and i am stunned at how every shift is perfection and smooth, no matter what your going over and at what ever speed.

Shimano have really come up trumps with electronic shifting, i'm to amazed to write anymore. Lets see how it gets on in cumbria.

thanks andy

What (if any) would be the weight advantage over running a standard set of XTR mechs and cables?

I suspect I've missed the point and this is all about precision, not weight saving...

Looks like a very interesting (if not wallet buggeringly expensive) project.

markoc":3o3cio20 said:
What (if any) would be the weight advantage over running a standard set of XTR mechs and cables?

I suspect I've missed the point and this is all about precision, not weight saving...

Looks like a very interesting (if not wallet buggeringly expensive) project.

The bike now weighs 20lb which is not superlight but in answer to your question you don't save much weight but this system has to be made for xtr because it is so slick at gear changes. Take for instance the front mech ajusts itself when you move up or down the rear cassette and the gears never miss a beat. It will be a couple of years but this system will be used through out the shimano range. I can't praise it enough. But my god it is expensive.

Thanks andy

Latest posts

Back