The 2011 Time Trial Season

How do your times vary on the V718 with the weather?

The E2/10 (newmarket A11) suffers with the weather and my time varies by about two minutes compared to a good day.

Flapjack-70":3t9xarcz said:
How do your times vary on the V718 with the weather?

The E2/10 (newmarket A11) suffers with the weather and my time varies by about two minutes compared to a good day.

I'll let you know after tomorrow!

Best bet is a raging tailwind out 4.5 miles and a horrendous grovel back 5.5 miles. 'Fast 'Courses' are only fast when the conditions are perfect. :x

Well, for normal humans that is. Hutchinson and co. don't count ;)

I'm going to ride my 'modern' TT bike, a '97 Giant TCR with Angel bars. That's retro enough!

I was reasonably correct over the conditions! I found it hard everywhere. Managed to knock out 25.26 which put me 89th equal out of 150 so can't complain seeing as how a lot of the ones in front of me are a lot younger and more race-fit.

Had a couple of minor problems though. Putting a few more psi into the front tyre just before setting of of the start broke the valve (rubbish Michelin Latex tubes!) and the chainset/BB started creaking and got worse and worse throughout the ride. Haven't bothered checking it out yet!

Now for the Doncaster 25 on Sunday at Hatfield Woodhouse. I'm number 33 with a 10.00am start.

But which bike to ride? The Buzz lo-pro now complete but untried. The Duralinox, or one of the Dave Russell's?

daccordimark":1vwyfy3p said:
Old Ned":1vwyfy3p said:
Managed to knock out 25.26

Nice one Paul!

Get the Buzz out for the next one I reckon.

Mark.

Thanks Mark. I do hope to improve on this later in the season.

Probably won't ride the Buzz, I need to get more used to the position to ride it for 25 miles. Probably OK for a 10 at the moment so I've entered the Holme Valley Whs event of the 11th June and will hopefully ride it then.

I've prepared the Duralinox for Sunday. I know I can ride that for an hour or more (definitely more!!).

Time to 'fess up about my ride in the 25 on Sunday! At least it didn't rain - but it BLEW! I didn't feel I got any help anywhere much and it's a bit exposed in that area between Thorne and Doncaster. I rode the Duralinox, just with drop bars, no tri-bars, and did a personal best - or rather a personal worst! Slowest ever 25 - 1.16.08. I think I was slowest overall, perhaps just beating a guy on a trike! Trouble is that I could hardly walk when I got off the bike back at the event HQ and ever since I feel as if I bruised my dangly bits :oops:

25 miles doesn't (and shouldn't!) seem as far as it did during this ride.

Got the Matlock 10 next Tuesday evening - back to 72" gear again.

Anyone else doing any TT'ing? I'm sure there must be.

This wind has been a real pain hasn't it? I've had great rides into work but hell coming home. Trying to race 25 miles in it can't have been much fun.

I reckon next year will see my tentative return to time trialling if I keep up the miles I've done so far this year. I'd like to find 10 flattish miles to train on but try doing that in the Colne Valley!

Good luck for the 10.

Mark.

Back