why am I getting logged out??

always chucks me out after a while....probably something the admins/mods have set up.

oh yeah, and I use Firefox all the time.....dunno if it's the same with IE7

neilll":ivhe6qkj said:
always chucks me out after a while....probably something the admins/mods have set up.

Wrong.

Nothing setup from this side to automatically log people out. If you are having problems either user firefox (no problems using this browser) or otherwise take a look into your IE security settings.

It happens to me, but it happens on all websites unless I specifically ask not to be, Norton anti virus 'Times me out' after an hour of no activity.

John":2t2mpoyy said:
If you are having problems either user firefox (no problems using this browser) or otherwise take a look into your IE security settings.

Like I said, I am using Firefox and it does chuck me out after a period of time...always. Not sure how long that is cos I can't be bothered/too busy to check but it does log me out....never happens on any other site apart from PayPal (which is understandable).......it doesn't bother me though, i was just curious as to why.

hmm my main PC now wont log in to the forums at all.
Nothings changed my end. Other forums working fine. and forums still working here on my mactop obviously.

Hmmm.

Have used the forums on IE and firefox without issue. However I've tweaked the cookie setting which might hopefully alleviate some peoples issues.

Following this users should clear their cookies & cache, restart their browsers (and PC) and login again. Also ensure you tick 'Log me on automatically each visit: '.

If after this you are still having problems please post what they are exactly along with the browser version and operating system.

neilll":i5e6e5cm said:
John":i5e6e5cm said:
Also ensure you tick 'keep my logged in'.

Where's that setting then? (just cleared my cache and bounced my PC....)

It's actually 'Log me on automatically each visit: ' (original post updated) :oops:

It's located on the login screen, i.e. where you enter username and password.

something has improved (I think)........been logged in since 18:30 and away from PC, came back and i'm still here :)

Back