Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WA

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • NT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ACT

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
It was probably on it's way out before I even got it. I'll try and get another one from somewhere shouldn't be that much of a drama really plus the skewer and breakaway dropout should hold it in for now just don't fancy it letting go and lunching my mech into the rear wheel haha!

Don't you have a new toy to play with anyway Skinny? or did that not work out?

A ride up my way is more than welcome.. This is the trail I reckon we'd hit.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=113170&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

We'd have to take the cake along with us tho.. bugger all in the way of boathouses out here :(

Going insane out here at the mo... We keep getting these bloody beautiful sunny days when I'm stuck at work and then it rains all weekend *gah I think I need to sort out some kind of winter gear beyond a thinker pair of socks than usual.

the Klein really didn't float my boat, i wanted to love it but i just didn't have any attraction to it. Just as well really as once i decided that Klein wasn't for me, this came across my path

5739776772_5311d27fdd_b.jpg

This will be built up hopefully for our Tassie adventure, probably get it resprayed in the next few weeks and source some bastard new non retro bits for it.

skinnyboy":2tm6ssc9 said:
This will be built up hopefully for our Tassie adventure, probably get it resprayed in the next few weeks and source some bastard new non retro bits for it.

Does that mean I have to ride my similar vintage Turner Afterburner if you bring that??

Skin, have you sourced a genuine (or at least viable) swingarm pivot for it? That one looks so suss, i'm lost for words...

I know it's shocking eh! I'll probably get one machined up since MC dont have any spares for these frames.

andrewl":2oeewwou said:
skinnyboy":2oeewwou said:

Does that mean I have to ride my similar vintage Turner Afterburner if you bring that??

I dunno mate sounds like a challenge haha... In you honest opinion would I need this bike for the riding we will be doing over there?

Hi Skinny, if you have an engineering drawing, or the specs of the pivot, I can have a crack at turning one up. I still have a fair bit of Delron & 4130 stock that could be handy. Is this the type that is fixed with a pinch bolt on the swing arm? Not really up with the MC stuff, but will have a look at pics in another thread.

awesome! Yeah its a pinch type arrangement i guess with some sort of bushing to provide the lack of stiction.

If you can find an image or description of how it should be done, that would be lovely! I figure a length of hollow bar would be ample with a coupe thou clearance for lashings of grease! The forces at play around a pivot like this wouldn't need precision, but strength.
On another note, I overhauled the Manitous off thr RTS after last weekend, as I didn't think they felt right. Full of goop that was the elastomers, and the 'nut' the holds one of the legs on to the bottom of the damping cart snapped! Any locals got some Mach V SX for parts? Or an early Marzocchi brace ?

Back