1995 Zaskar

That's tip top now bud, glad you're using it as I am with mine. I did a 3 hour run on mine the other day, stopped for a breather at top of a hill, within 5 mins I had a couple of lads on brand new bikes stop and admire - asking me about it. I've just picked up a Nos xt headset and a flip-flop stem for mine. It never seems to end.

Anyway I'm waffling - great bike you've got there.

Cheers

Matt

ha ha, cheers matt. i know what you mean. every time i ride it, it always involves a good chat with someone who recalls the back in the day bikes, or knew someone that also rode a gt or a zaskar. thats part of the appeal! its cool to connect with people about bitd as it usually relates as to why they started mtb riding on the first place

Too true bud. Going out on Sunday for a ride with my chums most of which will be riding new/newish bikes - nothing too extreme so can't wait to see how she compares to theirs. One of my chums was looking at buying a new bike but having seen the Zaskar has changed his mind and wants a retrobike.

Matt

Merckx, is your frame original factory with that Mavic 217 wheelset?
Do you know the weight of those? Not that I'm a weight-weeinie but my CSB's wheels in combination with that monstertruck Tioga in the back and WTB in front weights a ton!!

Irvinizer":3atlf0q6 said:
Merckx, is your frame original factory with that Mavic 217 wheelset?
Do you know the weight of those? Not that I'm a weight-weeinie but my CSB's wheels in combination with that monstertruck Tioga in the back and WTB in front weights a ton!!

yep, they are the original catalogue wheels. exact weight, i dont know, but they are light. they have double butted ritchey spokes and alloy nipples. they feel really nice to ride also

mikee":2lf53tg4 said:
that is very nice bud
love it :D :cool:

ta, yeah i am enjoying it. pretty mch stpped riding my modern mtb - 2008 trek 8500...and take the zas to the trails every time! :LOL: recently put a near brand new pair of black answer hyperlite bars on it, i loved them bitd...the logos are so cool.

gm1230126":uutr0hsv said:
Very nice... but the decals are from an earlier model year.

correct. 'but' thats because i like the 91-92 graphics more than the later years. its a mountain bike, not a smithsonian exhibit.

Back