Raleigh Milk Race special single speed

non standard stickers!!!! flog him!!!

heres mine, cost about £80 all together i need gears cos i`m a fat git....

needs new wheels to be honest but its ok around town....

Attachments

• espirit1 .jpg
    espirit1 .jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 1,713
The bike looks OK, I've seen worse - especially on other 'London-based' forums Wink

Once you've spent a bit of time on here you might get the urge to get some gears etc. etc. I'd have thought you would need them if, going by your forum name, you live in Caistor!

FG=Fun

I'm not going to chastise you for the stickers, or the "conversion" But I have been riding Fixed Gear here in Tokyo for about 4 years and have learnt a thing or two.

1. FG no brakes is ok. Most of my friends ride that way. I don't promote it, but I do condone it.

2. Get foot retention. Clipless or nice MKS Sylvian tack pedals with straps.

3. If you run a brake, put it on the front, it looks a lot cleaner not having the cable run all the way to the back.

4. Don't be a wuss, take off the freewheel and put a fixed track cog on it! and do some mad skidzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........... Seriously, it's really fun.

Here are photos of my FG bikes so far. No Keirin frames yet, but I have ridden a few.

Masi Speciale LTD with track converted Rev X wheels

3858879538_a9ba562b48_z.jpg

Bianchi Pista

2924469976_bbf37e999e_z.jpg

Fuji Track Comp with Modelo brake hoods for hand position, (only the front is connected to a brake)

IMG_0967tyu75.jpg

Rather enjoyed read this thread, although I rather die than convert one of my machines to a 'fixie'. Its been educational though! :LOL:

Just googled 'Raleigh Milk Race Special' as i'm looking for another and came across this thread. I think I abandoned it due to hostilities. Anyhow, 3 years later and she is still going strong and now put 80 miles a week on her to keep fitness up for weekends away MTBing. Since the first post I have snapped a seat post and ripped my arse open, replaced BOTH brake cables, put on some bar tape, stuck on a set of free schwalbe tyres and found a set of levers in my grans shed. Here she is...

1017247_10151677769390664_554293499_n.jpg

Back