Loop of Arran road ride 25th of June

Re: I'm in

Jamiedyer":36yo5f6p said:
Evening all
I am in for this one, for sure. Just discussed it with Heather as I have a huge jiont training day on Sunday at Nairn but she said she will take my gear down with her.

1268793903_967_FT33606_cheech__chong_4.jpg

Just rechecked the trains and I can get to Ardrossan for the 0945 ferry so I'll see you there. I'm sure it couldn't be done before but now it can so there you go :?

As for West Coast supplies, there is or at least was a shop in Blackwaterfoot and pubs serving food at a couple of spots such as Blackwaterfoot and Catacol.

Just need my racer now which is in the paws of parcelforce in Edinburgh. Getting them to deliver at a suitable time and location is the issue :roll:

therealkw15":1ybvhnlq said:
My tip for the top is to not bank on finding any shops when you need them, as there is nothing on the west side, apart from the seasonal cafe at the golf course at Tormore.

If I was doing it again, I'd definitely go clockwise, as the south side is up and down the whole time and pretty draining when you have run out of food and energy. At least there is a shop in Lochranza to buy some sugar at before hitting the last big hill if you go round with the sun.

Its not so bad with weekend Summer season now in force. My advice is to go in the direction where you have a tailwind on the west side. For information, clockwise is smaller hills then the last biggie and vice versa for anti clockwise. If were going clockwise the brekkie on the boat is good and then you have the cafe Steven talks about. Anti and you have a burger shed at Lochranza and shops at Whiting bay.

I'll be on the Gazelle too gaz, and I can safely say (barring any training accidents) that it is ready to go, even the gears shift properly.

Tempted to buy a 28 block though - especially if the hills are big, I was considering it for the etape anyway. Advice Kaiser, I run a 53 39 up front.

Big block would be handy TK the hill(s) either way take their toll at the end. No point making it any harder.

Attendees!

Kaiser
Gazz gazelle
zigzag spesh
Velo
TK gazelle
Rado
Jamie eddy?

anymore for anymore?

kaiser":10x16xo9 said:
Big block would be handy TK the hill(s) either way take their toll at the end. No point making it any harder.

So with my crappy 5 block at the back will mean that I'm fecked then :LOL:

Back