19?? Pat Rohan, First Project

Where did you get the decals done? I need a special set making for one of my projects.

Are they waterslide, vinyl or what?

They are just vinyl, then if I dont like them, they can come off easily enough.

I got them done through a friend, but I can get the contact details of the chap that does them if you like?
He is very good, I told him the font I wanted from www.dafont.com and emailled my requirements, 2 days later, a fresh set of stickers :D

willhouse":37h05b6n said:
I got them done through a friend, but I can get the contact details of the chap that does them if you like?

Yes please, can you PM me with the info please?

willhouse":3my4z95p said:
If you still have your Rohan, do you reckon you could check the number on the bottom bracket? I think mine may be from 1974 if by going on the last 2 numbers of it.

Sorry for the delay. I've had a good look all over and I can't find any frame numbers whatsoever.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

The gold decal example you posted earlier is spot-on for my mid-eighties frame - when Rohan were still using the same headbadge that you showed in your original post. The original decals are certainly pre-eighties.

Mike

Well, bit of an update.

Couple of NOS bits from Planet X, not period to the bike I can appreciate, but a bargain none the less, new 3TTT Pro Chrome Stem and 3TTT Black Ergo bars.

Not so new, Modolo Levers, and Honey Fizik tape to match.

Also new skinwall tyres to replace the ghastly red ones.

:D

Modolo Levers by outHOUSEpics, on Flickr

White cable set ready for fitting at the weekend.

I dont really want to put the Weinmann 500 calipers back on, so if anyone has anything nicer for a nice price, can they let me know?

Also possibly after a matching pair of deraileurs for double ring front braze on and 7/8 speed rear.
Got a Suntour Cyclone MII I can throw in to a deal, but may just throw it together to get the thing rideable as it is never going to be show bike.

No more updates yet, will be the weekend before I get anything done I think.

Need to pick up my seatpin which I left at my friend Kevins last week.
Its a fluted SR jobby and has been restored and polished up ready for fitment, should look good with the San Marco Rolls I have to fit too.

Few more bits done.

Bought a donor bike to get some Campagnolo bits from and its wheels.
So I now have Athena shifters and Mechs, as well as some more period-ish Ambrosio wheels.

Also got a decent set of Weinmann 500s which I have cleaned up, polished the brass on the quick releases and popped them on with the 3BBB cables.

Just need to sort my chainset out now and it should be rideable.

Cleaned Jockey Wheel by outHOUSEpics, on Flickr

Miche Scewer by outHOUSEpics, on Flickr

Cable Routing by outHOUSEpics, on Flickr

Mech and Rims by outHOUSEpics, on Flickr

Components Fitted by outHOUSEpics, on Flickr

Back