Loop of Arran road ride 25th of June

Yeah Im watching all of this :?
Ive just heard today the reason for my poor performance on sunday "food poisoning" so Im off work just now and not feeling 100% so I'll have to be a maybe/probably.

I'm in

Evening all
I am in for this one, for sure. Just discussed it with Heather as I have a huge jiont training day on Sunday at Nairn but she said she will take my gear down with her.
So I will probably stay with the inlaws at Gartochan on Friday. Do we meet at the ferry or hows it work?
Looking forward to riding road with the macretro's and while I have been putting a good few miles in lately a lot have been on my own, so it will be good to ride with mates. Any time start for me.
Jamie

Meanwhile in the queue for the Arran ferry on the 25th, Jimi notices something in his rear mirror...

convoypeleton.jpg

My tip for the top is to not bank on finding any shops when you need them, as there is nothing on the west side, apart from the seasonal cafe at the golf course at Tormore.

If I was doing it again, I'd definitely go clockwise, as the south side is up and down the whole time and pretty draining when you have run out of food and energy. At least there is a shop in Lochranza to buy some sugar at before hitting the last big hill if you go round with the sun.

Back