A Fairy Story - 1992 GT Tequesta Wreck Rescue FINISHED

Really great build thread, great story and top end product. As with so many of the threads on this site it has been inspirational. I have never given much thought to hand-painting until seeing your results - brilliant.
Many thanks.

Problem was that the decals were generally ok but missing big chunks. The cost to get new ones made would be very high if possible so I got my wifes paint stuff out - acrylic paints she used as an artist - and repainted them on. I think I did a reasonable job - I had the hand paint a lot of repairs on the frame forks and stem too. Again the original paint was very important and a respray would cost hundreds.

Good luck in the BOTM, I saw you'd entered it.

In reply to your previous post, I've got a similar dilemma in that my decals are OK-ish ('95 Hardrock) and seem impossible to get anyway but the 'burgundy' paintwork has a load of scratches on it which are highlighted by the pink undercoat! Your build thread got me thinking 'now if I could get some burgundy flavoured paint........' I understand from other threads that nail varnish works rather well too. Eventually I'll start a build thread on it - not quite ready yet but I've got most of the parts. Uncharted territory, I've never renovated a bike before.

Cheers.
Mike.

A very nice bike and resto, Rob, congrats :) I have what might be it's brother of sorts:

DSC_0491.jpg

Should take some decent pics and do a build thread on it some day..

Back