Loop of Arran road ride 25th of June

I reckon with a group a full loop should take between 4-7hrs. 7hrs is a (8mph) ave. All things considered breakdowns(mental and mechanical) a bite and the general concertina of a group 6hrs would be ample (9.3ave)

I could make the 9.45am sailing, leave before 7am - 2.5 hours 113 miles, a little longer if car sharing. Falkirk and Glasgow on route ;)

Ave Speed - actually riding I think I could do 13mph ave over 5 hours with 1 hour of breaks which should mean I'm safe for a 7 hour max.... unless of course it is force 8 gales and pissing with rain.

Apparently I might get a bonk on this ride, what's the advice there :LOL:

The Ken":3a6de6aw said:
I could make the 9.45am sailing, leave before 7am - 2.5 hours 113 miles, a little longer if car sharing. Falkirk and Glasgow on route ;)
Huzzah! Petrol monies at the ready!

The Ken":3a6de6aw said:
Apparently I might get a bonk on this ride, what's the advice there :LOL:
Bib shorts should slow down any unwanted advances or at least cause some momentary confusion, hopefully allowing time for you to wriggle free. Failing that a gel seat to ease the painful aftermath?

kaiser":1eg117lp said:
Rado I have a cyclocross bike you can use. I've cycled round Arran on it before, could even change the tyres to make it ride better.

Would be great mr K. much appreciated

The Ken":1eg117lp said:
I could make the 9.45am sailing, leave before 7am - 2.5 hours 113 miles, a little longer if car sharing. Falkirk and Glasgow on route
:D Can I jump on the wagon?

Radoslaw":xt331rx9 said:
kaiser":xt331rx9 said:
Rado I have a cyclocross bike you can use. I've cycled round Arran on it before, could even change the tyres to make it ride better.

Would be great mr K. much appreciated

No probs just bring pedals or I have crank bros fitted just now.

I cannot make 0945 ferry as trains dont connect that early.
Best i could do would be to take next ferry, cross the middle of Arran and meet you lot at Blackwaterfoot :roll:

Can you get to Glasgow Central/Queen St by 8am Velo? total journey 3 hrs 12 minutes + stoppage time at FK1 and G3

The Ken":2hk5084l said:
Can you get to Glasgow Central/Queen St by 8am Velo? total journey 3 hrs 12 minutes + stoppage time at FK1 and G3

TK this is sounding like a military operation ;)

Back