1989 TVT Lemond World Champ replica. No.54 of 300 made

mark34

rBotM Winner
Greg Lemond won the World Road Race Championship in Chambery back in 1989 on a Lemond/TVT bike. To celebrate that win, Lemond Bikes made 300 ADR/Lemond world champ winning replica's. Mine is number 054 of 300 and signed by the great man himself.

This bike is original and as delivered by Lemond bikes(apart from the pedals). It's had very little use and hasn't had the need for any restoration or even a full strip down clean and rebuild.

It's a truly beautiful bike, and really needs seeing in the flesh to fully appreciate the colour and quality of the Mavic groupset...The starfish chainset is just stunning!!

Enjoy the pictures...

060-1.jpg

061.jpg

069.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

064.jpg

070.jpg

067.jpg

066.jpg

068.jpg

071.jpg

I don't normally venture into the road section, but that rear mech is an absolute work of art!

markoc":6zq7ovyc said:
I don't normally venture into the road section, but that rear mech is an absolute work of art!

It is indeed..and extremely light weight, even by todays standards. When set up correctly, it actually works very well.

Mark.

I wish I hadn't binned my SSC rear mech. Truly a piece of bike art.

The rest of the bike is pretty tasty as well. ;)

That is a real benchmark build right there. Stunning stuff.

Interesting to see how the Mavic groupsets developed almost organically.

Do you have a picture of the bike as ridden by Greg? Is this a nuts and bolts exact replica?

Just dug out a rather iconic pic of Lemond winning in Chambery in the rain.

Attachments

• Lemond.Chambery.CyclingHallofFame.jpg
    Lemond.Chambery.CyclingHallofFame.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 7,578
Back