Erlestoke 6/12 hour 28/5/11 near Salisbury/aftermath-ish!

Amazing course again and always good to ride on my old stomping ground!

Managed my 10 laps for the solo 12 that I wanted to do in 9hrs 15 min so had plenty of time left to do a couple more but knee decided to play up so decided to call it a day! I think it's time to put a granny ring back on, 9 speed may look good but it's no good for your knees!

RM was just ace on the downhill sections and there were quite a few areas on that course where air time was on offer. I especially liked the rollers to the step up onto the field section across the top before diving back into the woods and the big bombhole after the road climb, I was tempted to throw in a no-hander out of that :D

Neil G":xa437x58 said:

Managed my 10 laps for the solo 12 that I wanted to do in 9hrs 15 min so had plenty of time left to do a couple more but knee decided to play up so decided to call it a day! I think it's time to put a granny ring back on, 9 speed may look good but it's no good for your knees!

RM was just ace on the downhill sections and there were quite a few areas on that course where air time was on offer. I especially liked the rollers to the step up onto the field section across the top before diving back into the woods and the big bomb hole after the road climb, I was tempted to throw in a no-hander out of that :D

I must admit to throwing some " style in " on the bomb holes, actually jumped into the 1 after the road climb ;)

Good to see you Jon, shame i missed the rest of you :roll: Fancy going home early!

Never mind MM is only round the corner ;)

If you guys are interested we should have a meet here! That way i can show you all the other stuff we have hidden here!

Looks like were not going to have any more events here too, the army have put a stop to it, due to motor bikes carving the place up :evil:

just found my results :D

42nd place 05:38:56 5 Laps number 1115
Jon Herring
-
00:53:29 00:56:48 00:59:43 01:20:06 01:28:48

these make sense aswel, the first 3 laps i had about a 5 minute break for food then carried on, the the 4th lap would have included the time to change bike, swap the race number over, eat and drink, then the 5th lap i just rolled around and stopped and chatted with others who were knackered aswel!!

quite pleased with that :D no pics yet though :(

heathy":2zd9369h said:
Neil G":2zd9369h said:

RM was just ace on the downhill sections and there were quite a few areas on that course where air time was on offer. I especially liked the rollers to the step up onto the field section across the top before diving back into the woods and the big bomb hole after the road climb, I was tempted to throw in a no-hander out of that :D

I must admit to throwing some " style in " on the bomb holes, actually jumped into the 1 after the road climb ;)

Good to see you Jon, shame i missed the rest of you :roll: Fancy going home early!

Never mind MM is only round the corner ;)

If you guys are interested we should have a meet here! That way i can show you all the other stuff we have hidden here!

Looks like were not going to have any more events here too, the army have put a stop to it, due to motor bikes carving the place up :evil:

Deffo up for this! Been telling my mates what a great course it is and I'd love to go back soon mate.
How about a couple of weeks after mayhem??

I'm up for a meet & ride in the area in the not too distant future. I know of some good pubs for post ride eats/drinks :D

I hope SPAM manage to do the blast in September, that's always a good ride although the couse isn't as technical.

Back