Information on the USA postal service please

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
Please how long will a frame take to get from West Coast USA to the UK via US postal service sent either 1st class or priority mail?
Thanks

I bought stuff on EB** last thursday that arrived today from sunny CA so about a week I guess. Feels like a long bloody week though- what you got coming?

Si

tintin40":2zw77l1f said:
Please how long will a frame take to get from West Coast USA to the UK via US postal service sent either 1st class or priority mail?
Thanks

TinTin

i had a frame come in form Ariziona last week ...

it was shipped out on a Monday and was delivered 10 days later !!

if piroty mail you should have some online tracking too

its normally Parcelforce who handle USPS stuff ere in the UK ,all there stuff comes in through LHR and goes up to there hub in Coventry where they add on the import duty and vat

cheers

matty

So not long. Should be before the holiday period when every thing in the Northern mem. stops

i'm in the US and ship international with some regularity.

1st class is slow, slow, slow.

priority should be a week or so...it goes by air. however, there is no insurance and no tracking/delivery conf. unless purchased as additional services, and i believe the tracking is only available to USPS employees in case a box goes missing...ie: you can't watch its progress to you online.

express int'l includes both real-time website tracking and insurance.

priority is fine for small bits, but for a frame, i think i'd want the extra reassurances provided by express.

fwiw.

Dookie, i was able to track the frame i shipped to England a little over a month ago using the customs form number tho it only told me it made it to the UK--nothing after that
also for some reason the price i paid for priority included SOME insurance--not alot---the frame was not a real expensive one and i claimed it as such---i dont think i paid any extra for the ins.--wierd---i dunno how it happened--i have to mail another one soon and i guess ill find out then---i really dont do it that often

Bought My attitude frame a couple of weeks ago. The seller shipped with USPS and in 5 days it was in DutchCustoms (UK must be same I think). Only thing that took longer was the customs they kept it over a week.

a month is *way* too long for priority. but if the customs tracking says it got to UK customs, i'd say USPS has done its job and your inquiries should start with UK folks.

and you're right, priority does include a modest amount of insurance by default...i asked today and the default value is determined by weight.

Back