Jack Taylor rebuild finished....

feetabix

Retrobike Rider
Hi folks.....here is the finished article.....im umming and aaaahing over the rack and mudguards but they are safe for future use......

P1020574.jpg

P1020572.jpg

P1020573.jpg

P1020578.jpg

P1020576.jpg

P1020575.jpg

P1020577.jpg

.....havent ridden it yet, feel like it needs a bit of tlc, like a classic car, when i do though!!.....

Maybe I would have done a few things a bit differently, but that is an awesome bike you have there :)

Really nice Jack Taylor frame. What's the vintage? Is it a respray? How did you happen upon it?

Certainly an eclectic build but looks really nice either way :D

I agree, it's a strange mix!......my brother in law is a motorbike nut and Honda salesman, he was given it by a customer and it made it's way to me for a rebuild......this is exactly how it came spec wise. The frame has it's original paint and is really lovely with some great details......it's from the late 70's but I'm still trying to pin down a precise year.....any suggestions anyone?.....

Looks very nice and the mix of components isn't to jarring.

I love the Taylor box lining and the paint detail on the top of the seatstays.

Ride and enjoy it!

what a lovely bike!
Personally i think the addition of chrome mudguards and some traditional bend bars wold really finish it off. :)

thanks men.... i have done a bit of digging on the above linked site cataloging jack taylor kit.....there are some nice bikes on it and oodles of info for anyone interested.....i am going to replace the original rack and also the mudguards to prevent any frame degredation....(not that i plan to show it too much of the wet stuff!).....will post pics real soon....

oldmuthariley":kxjnldkq said:
what a lovely bike!
Personally i think the addition of chrome mudguards and some traditional bend bars wold really finish it off. :)

yes, i agree......a bit of the more modern has crept into the build, presumably as the bike has been used, the bars, xc pro mechs and seatpin are not original but do add to the character nicely!......oh, and the year is 1984......

Back