Do you ride your retro----

I only use the Hetchins on fair weather days, but it gets a good going over on those!!
The others all get a regular outing.....I have a different one for most types of riding that I may encounter/partake in.......from a raod/path fixed gear from 60's to a cyclocrosser to a tourer.....everyone has there advantages!!

None of them are modern, although some have early t omid 90's parts on them!

I rarely ride my Jan Janssen 1976. I am afraid it gets a cold when it comes out of the shed. :?
It is my ''just for the fun of it'', and sometimes I do a short ride on a beautiful sunny day. actually I did yesterday after I did mount a new front chainwheel (38t).

I use mine every day. Split my commute between an early 90's Raleigh in 531 and a late 70's Viscount with a fixed gear. Love both of them.

I use my early 60s Dawes for everyday commuting - the steel chainring was pretty impervious to wear.

I rode my 1950 Claud Butler at the weekends, but sold it because it wasn't getting enough use.

i use the peugeot for daily commuting in summer and
khs in winter . summer khs for off road only. gitane and celo
summer only for longer weekend road rides

When the weather is OK I do use a retro machine fairly often. I sometimes go out with the local group ride which raises a few eyebrows amongst the younger ones who have only ever seen carbon or aluminium bikes. I don't know what surprises them most, the age of the bike, the age of the rider - or the fact that I'm generally still there at the end.

I use a retro machine to time trial on. Even my 'modern' TT bike is 12 or 13 years old.

Back