GT LTS 2000 project

very nice.

You should start your own thread, i'm sure other will want to see :)

haven't put new pics of the beastie up for a while now, will try this afternoon as i have new pedals and tires to go on :D

well, it's been a while since i posted a piccy of the beastie in my shed.

Had some minor upgrades in the meantime..the latest of which was a rather tasty stem from Ringo..

newstemback.jpg

and the beastie itself..

30-5-11.jpg

The Beast is Back!

a new bar stem combo, a change in geometry (I dialled the rear shock right in for a more "modern", laid back position) and a gradual increase in the flock had pushed this back to the bottom of the ride queue

Owing to a lack of any other working bikes, it was brought back to the fore. I had taken the bike out a few months ago, and really hadn't gotten on with it. The riding position felt wrong, no grip at the front..I was quite disappointed, as I felt I'd done the bike a disservice.

A ride out with rosstheboss a few weeks back had me taking a long look and getting the position right. A ride out yesterday taking on some of the best Surrey has to offer merely confirmed it..

I'm in love again...the beast is back.

thebeastisback.jpg

thats awesome :D i love the work.
im just in the middle of doing my first lts up but it seems that every single part was either neglected of any care or just bodged together, which is kind of soul destroying when all you want to do is tighten a bolt up to find out its been rounded/drilled/crushed(insertbodgehere)
still im hoping its going to look something like yours soon, im nearly there.
nice to see you using yours again

Back