Hi from Melbourne Australia

Hi Gents thank you for sharing the knowledge that you have and the time to pass it on, its great to get a little more info on the frames history,ie that its italian built English sold and living in Australia, unfortunately better travelled than me I have posted a picture of how its built at the moment with modern Campagnolo running gear for mixed terrain rideing and long distance Audax style rides and adventures.
Copyof19082010001.jpg

Misunderstood.

Hi,

you have misunderstood. The Jaggard frameset is an English built copy of an Italian frame (Frejus).

Thought my posted reply was very clear on this point.

Roadking.

Yep your correct i have misunderstood you, so maybe I am more well traveled than my bike. do think that it would have been built in England with an Italian(threaded) bottom bracket, was this done occasionally, also does the ACP ACD or ACR ring a bell in the frame building businesses in the London area at this time.
Thanks Again Roadking much appreciated
Ooroo regards Andy

Hi,

my 24th November post makes clear what this frameset is - I have friends (a great deal older than me, they are in their late 60s and 70s: knew this shop and/or Jaggard) who confirmed the details I passed to you.

I am a member of a coterie of enthusiasts for south London based framebuilders from this post war (post 1945 era). Many of this group were living in south London at this time and regularly visited many of the shops.

Italian components are not unusual, especially given the context - refer to the 24th November post - again.

Roadking.

Hi Roadking thanks for editing your 26/5/2011 post to make it very clear as to what you meant and i do appreciate the information you have given me a great dea,l I am in the proceess of trying to get the bloke that I purchased it from to sell me its complete sister in original condition except for the suntour rear derailleur
Thanks again Regards Andy

Latest posts

Back