Specialized S-Works Epic FSR

cyfa2809":1sav6elj said:
that looks well nifty

(dont like the gold green purple parts though - unnescessary, get the red parts on there)

Thanks cyfa. If I had built this from scratch I wouldn't have done it this way but maybe that's a good thing. I always tend to go a little stark.

Very much unsure about the rubbers though...

Anyone happen to know the year of the frame? Previous owner hazarded a guess at 2006.

Jody75":191yz1wt said:
bloody lovely mate :D i have been hugely bitten by the modern bug, love these spesh frames, gonna have to swap retro for modern me thinks.

Thanks Jody. Took some finding. Couldn't decide between a Stumpie or an Epic. Always wanted a Stumpie since boyhood but this one put a spanner in the works of that plan.

Rightio spec list.

Frame: S-Works M5 Alloy (exact year TBC) with Brain Fade Fox Shock
Front Shock: Fox Float 80 RL
Stem: Raceface XC Prodigy Forged
Bars: XLite XC Pro
Headset: Hope Pro Blue Anodised
Bar Plugs: Hope (one missing!)
SeatPost: Thomson Layback
Saddle: Selle Italia

Shifters: SRam X-7
Brakes: Custom Hope Mini
Chainset: Raceface Evolve XC
BB: FSA Platinum ISIS
Chain & Cassette: SRam Powerglide 2
Front Mech: Deore XT
Rear Mech: SRam X-9
Pedals: DMR v8 red

Wheels: Black Mavic XC717 with DT Swiss Pro spokes and Hope Pro Red hubs.
Skewers: Blue Hope
Tyres: Panaracer XC Pro 2.1 Black/Red

Swapped the breadbin saddle for a sell italia carbon off my zaskar and took her for a quick 15 miler into black park, Stoke common.

Loved the feel of it. She's blindingly quick. Point and go..

Excuse the iPhone pics

6953273d.jpg

d48a0ea1.jpg

Looks great that. Got to love the subtlety of an s-works. Right balance of colour with the splashes of red too. Very nice :)

EarlofBarnet":mm2c1onq said:
Looks great that. Got to love the subtlety of an s-works. Right balance of colour with the splashes of red too. Very nice :)

Thanks. Bought this after you sold your mates Stumpie to someone else. ;) Did me a massive favour.

I'm still not sure about the rubbers. Something under 2 inches and made by scwalbe might be a better look. No doubting the xcpro's grip tho.

Back