Great big Singlespeed thread!

I've had a couple...the first is my current ride..think there may have been more but I can't find the pictures

guru003.jpg

Ebaystuff081.jpg

Ebaystuff059-1.jpg

Ebaystuff1274.jpg

Ebaystuff265.jpg

Ebaystuff1446.jpg

Ebaystuff610.jpg

97 GT Psyclone single speed with horizontal dropouts. Originally built for a GT employee. Only one known to have been built. Never offered to dealers.
Have made a couple changes since these pics were taken....DOS Freewheel

Attachments

• IMG_8408.JPG
    IMG_8408.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 12,011
  • IMG_8409.JPG
    IMG_8409.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 12,010
  • IMG_8410.JPG
    IMG_8410.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 12,010
2000_On-One_Inbred.jpg

On one Inbred, from here.
Crosser wheels, from here.
Forks, had these, they're white.

Questions:
The wheels are heavy, suspension forks are heavy. Am I missing the point of building a singlespeed? Should I be going as light as possible and fitting rigid forks and a lighter wheelset?

I have a SS kit, well a cog and 2 spacers that put the sprocket in the centre of the freehub. Is it possible to work out what spindle length for the BB? I have yet to buy a crankset.

It all depends where you ride. If, like me, you'll be mincing around the North Downs, the hardest rocks being sandstone, and you're too old and/or skilful to thunp the bike from boulder to boulder, you can go as light as you like, but if you have a tendency to break things, keep it sturdy! ;)

had a few single speed bikes, i love them.

currently have just the one at the moment though, even though i keep planning on other builds........

the main difference with this other my past SS projects is the awesome ENO white industries hubs......wow!

IMG_0696.jpg

Latest posts

Back