The Hell of Horcum Aftermath & Pics

horcum aftermath

many thanks to all who attended. all good folk that you are.

also thanks to mr lee and elpedro for the transportation co-op. well worth the effort to connect and we all come out a winner. :cool:

a big thanks to vern (kaya) for the organising on this. the ride was just ace!

ok, the pleasantries out the way here's a little follow up from my perspective (generally at the back or flat-faced in the purple heather) :LOL:

hole of horcum. natural freak landscaping surrounded by top grade single track!

some decent machinery on show...

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0022-2.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

DSCF0026-1.jpg

DSCF0027-1.jpg

DSCF0031-1.jpg

DSCF0036-1.jpg

also, some known faces with modern beasts took on the trails with us and, did ok...miles ahead. (we let them) ;)

good to see ya gil & mark :)

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

from the meet point it was a short journey dodging the sheep 'waste' to the rear of the m.o.d ...whatever it is? a funny red dot aimed at my tyre resulted in a puncture. sharp rocks! sheeesh, what can you do?

DSCF0041-1.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0043.jpg

there are some isolated rocky areas on this route which commands respect

re-group and drink stop after a hop over the stream.
DSCF0052-1.jpg

moody skies did nothing to hinder progress as we push up the hills. a stiff westerly breeze cooled us down nicely. the views are amazing here!

DSCF0062.jpg

DSCF0070.jpg

DSCF0067.jpg

a welcome stop at levisham station to appreciate some other old-skool engineering. and, of course a good laugh and catch up.

DSCF0072.jpg

a killer climb was ahead which required a push to the top o' the moors.

DSCF0079.jpg

DSCF0080.jpg

DSCF0083.jpg

the final push to the carpark was a stroll across single/double track with the wind behind us, encircling the hole of hocum.

DSCF0085.jpg

DSCF0087.jpg

we made it! a pleasure to ride with you. see you soon.

Loadsa pics, excellent :cool:

I'm starting to wonder though ... I look a pillock in every shot and I've always just blamed it on an unfortunate effect of the camera, but as it really is in every shot... :? :oops:

Top day out guys, gutted that the cleanest p7 in the world got dusty but worth it for the excellent singletrack and good crack, lots of pics of the p7, thankyou, looking forward to the next cake ride, hopefully find a 92 alpinestars cromega dx ( with an uncracked stem) by then!!!! Regards Darren

Latest posts

Back