Yeti ProFRO Disc retrofit project (building)

Nice,

but will that welding on the frame be smoothed? (the original factory welding on the dropout has a nice patron in the welding, the new welding....eeurh...is not so slick)

radjatoe":1chunif3 said:
Nice,

but will that welding on the frame be smoothed? (the original factory welding on the dropout has a nice patron in the welding, the new welding....eeurh...is not so slick)

Hi the retrofit is fillet brazed, not welded. I am not sure if they are going to be smoothed more than what they already are. This is not an big issue for me - this is not a livingroombeautycontest bike - it will be ridden ;-)

This retrofit is more about modern functionality meet with the classiest most iconic frame of them all. The angles and overall dimensions are just perfect for fireroad and dirt roads.

modern steel frames are angleadjusted for front suspension, and they just doesent have the aggressive feel and handeling and specialy the above all other frames cornering feel. The FRO with Accu-trax forks is the best match ever. (I think)

;-)

Hi Yes all house fasternes Are mounted except the ond on the fork. Regarding the powdercoat I am not sure if I'll go for the classic cheme all resultera use; neon yellow fork And Yeticyan framelsker. At the moment I'm thinking of throwing in a white arrow front on the frame.

Allso I am not desided on to use the "Yetiman" headtube decal or to go with the modern alu crest?

Thank you for your interest!

If it was me to decide it would be all yellow, drifting yetiman decal, other decals all black and lots of black parts. But it's not my decision, so do as you please! :D

Looks great, always nice to see a bike being built to be ridden and not just looked at!

radjatoe":brfeabyd said:
Nice,

+1

If it has to be done, and take such time and expense for this conversion, the least I'd expect is a decent weld quality. That's pretty rubbish looking and the frame deserves better.
You can have functional and good looking at the same time.

Rob Atkin":3cdr7o3n said:
radjatoe":3cdr7o3n said:
Nice,

+1

If it has to be done, and take such time and expense for this conversion, the least I'd expect is a decent weld quality. That's pretty rubbish looking and the frame deserves better.

ppl it is NOT welded, its fillet brazed AND relax its not finish ... Yet

yeti-man":13obi3km said:
Rob Atkin":13obi3km said:
radjatoe":13obi3km said:
Nice,

+1

ppl it is NOT welded, its fillet brazed AND relax its not finish ... Yet

Pooh! Happy to hear that!

Back