Yeti ProFRO Disc retrofit project (building)

Rob Atkin":2bhmesz2 said:
Is that the actual disc tab in place before welding? Just stuck on the inside of the dropout? If it is it looks terrible.

As for you saying there are no fun rigid disc brake bikes available now, you really haven't been looking hard enough. There's loads of them.

Ruining a classic frame for no good reason IMHO.
:-(

if that is what you see you dont understand what you are looking at.

no there are no clasic steel rigs around period with discs. (except handbuild tailor made rigs)

two good reasons; disc brake front and rear

As for you saying there are no fun rigid disc brake bikes available now, you really haven't been looking hard enough.

With 26in wheels and a proper-length fork without a yawning chasm between tyre and crown? Show me :)

As I said in the Flickr comments, it's not like this is the last FRO in the universe. I don't know the owner but it wouldn't surprise me if he had another one stashed away himself. I'm for it.

new headset on its way
CIMG2444.jpg

i believe in fixies":390j8ngj said:
mfh126":390j8ngj said:
I cry everytime I see this thread. :cry:

I raise a cheer. If it means it's going to be ridden more often then then brilliant. Nothing worse than a period correct garage queen just sitting there. Dripping in CNC'd Pauls loveliness with white Porcs never being ridden because the paint might get chipped, the mechs will break and tyres will wear out destroying their "value".

I couldn't agree more :D

Nice! These pics will make some hearts drop though... :D But hey, never mind, I think it's going to be awesome. :cool:

Back