Road Riders

Although cycling around Selkirk is bloody good as I have done so before thats not a cheap event. £27 just for the sportive or £47 for the weekend, I'll no bother. Better just to ride tourist style around the area for ones own enjoyment ;)

Its not bad for an organised event V, true you could cycle it on your own but its a good feeling riding with loads of people, feed stops, feeling of accomplishment and wotnot!

OK I'll rephrase, I'm a mean bugger and no fit enough to do it, there you go the honest answer but jeez eveythings so blooming expensive these days for what you get :shock:

Thats true, its all police costs and liability.

Wondering past WHSmiths today an thus thought I'll get a road bike mag just for a change. Usually when after such a mag its Cycling Plus I go for but today it was Cycling Active which is new to me. A good read, loads of articles and not excessive adds. A good article on Audax, describing it as a less extreme answer to the Sportive movement, cheaper too as all your really paying for is the admin and often some grub. I think I may try this route with my road riding, get a 100K or two in :D There is also a good list of road events for next couple of months nationwide. Also much to my amusement one on the 4th of June when we're at GT that starts from my old High School :)
I really can't understand this but I'm getting a great sense of anticipation about getting my hands on my as yet to arrive roadbike and getting some miles in. My interest in mtb also seems to have cooled a wee bit, auld age disnae come itsel......as my gran used to say :roll:

Variety is the spice of life V :) could see maself audaxing one day too when I'm your age :p Similarly I've just finished reading Mark Beaumonts round the world book, damn good read. Was only expecting a did this did that type memoir but its an engaging read and inspiring too. Anyhoo this has given me a bit of the wanderlust, not that its going to be easy any time soon but it has sparked a LeJog interest again.

When does the road bike arrive?

i had a run in with a roadie tonight , was on the sannie going along the road when the arse passed me saying "get that pile of shite off the road" so i shot after him for a couple of miles to a set of lights and had some words with him .

what is it with idiots on roadbikes ? :?

Problem with idiots on road bikes is the same as idiots on DH or any other bike. Its the idiot not the bike. You cant do much about them :LOL: :roll:

UK Tyler who I'm buying the roadbike from says he hopes to post on Tuesday so I reckon late this week or early next for delivery.

I quite fancy a roadbike circuit of Luxembourg later this year maybe, between the 10 youth hostels they have in that small country. Looks good cycling :cool:

"I quite fancy a roadbike circuit of Luxembourg later this year maybe, between the 10 youth hostels they have in that small country. Looks good cycling :cool: "

'V' whats the cost of living like over there?

Back