WTF

Im loving the new updated sob story, im surprised he didnt do the paper round wearing bread rolls as shoes that his blind grandma made with her last remaining frost bitten fingers.

hens teeth not that rare

hens_teeth.jpg

I've given him the friendly advice that he has seriously undervalued the bike and he should relist it with a BIN of £1,000,000. I hope he takes my well-meant advice.

http://www.re-buy-cycle.co.uk/details.php?id=381&temp=4

From Wiki: "During the 1980s Raleigh also supported British professional teams, including Raleigh Banana and Raleigh Weinmann. Raleigh's most notable riders were Paul Sherwin, Malcolm Elliott, Mark Bell, Paul Watson, Jon Clay and Jeff Williams"

Looks like what he has listed is an original team bike (which there were more than two built) and it looks as though Raleigh did the unthinkable and also sold a cheap hi-tensile steel replica version.

Have rarer team bikes than that one and don't think I could ever consider asking more than $4-5K let alone 40,000 pounds

Paul Sherwen is big into African diamonds maybe he can afford to buy it :D

gm1230126":2ibiipkw said:
Looks like what he has listed is an original team bike (which there were more than two built) and it looks as though Raleigh did the unthinkable and also sold a cheap hi-tensile steel replica version.

They did some cheap hi-ten replicas and some 531 replicas, which is what this bloke has. It's not an ex-team frame. The 531 version is rarer, but only marginally.

I feel sorry for him, even in his dreams the best he could come up with was a fairly generic 531c Raleigh.

Back