Advice pls, Want to buy a cheap Road bike for upgrading, con

ksvb5368":32z3lzby said:
ha flyboy, trust me you really are preaching to the converted. I know there's nothing better than bringing something back to life! I caught the bug a long time ago.

However, it is my experience that this can still end up costing you a small fortune and i'm sure there's going to be countless out there who would agree.

I would say if you're going to budget for £100 you should budget atleast that for the repair/replacements over the next 6 months, if not immediately. Or, you can spend alittle more just now and try make sure you have got something thats been cared for.

Ebay really is a mixed bag of tricks but that is a whole other story.

Yeah sorry about that, i didn't read your whole post.

Here's another bike

good condition, excellent price:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/ralei ... r/79980752

and in london!

Hi all,
I have contact most of the sellers suggested.
The Gumtee bike has gone, I'm watching Ebay for two others.
Please do keep the ideas coming.
I have upped the budget to £150 for the right bike too.

But the best part, I have used my MTB to learn how to do some maintenance.
So far I have re-greased the wheel bearings, headset, gears, adjusted the derailleur's & brakes. What a difference, and an enjoyable experience seeing the turnaround.
cheers
Ian

Hi all.
I am still looking out for a bike.
I have had no joy with gumtree, most bikes I have phoned about, the sellers have no idea about the history.
"Someone who owed me money gave it to me" Etc, stolen.

Ebay, I keep getting out bid.

I cant keep up with the posts on the forums..CTC, Retrobike,lfgss.

Am i missing something?

I am going to place a wanted add, but any other ideas.
Cheers
Ian

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
At first glance I'd go for the Falcon...the handmade Dawes bit can be misleading as can the 531 sticker...most cheaper frames are only 531 maintubes, and they ride a lot different to a full 531 frameset (stays and forks).

There are bargains to be had but the advice on here is sound, as you can spend lots of £s bringing a bike up to scratch if you're on a tight budget.

Good luck.

Roadking.

Thanks guys,
I just missed the falcon auction.
But the bike would have to be in easy reach of London as i don't have a car.
I have put a WTD post, so hopefully something will come up.
Thanks again
Ian

Back