single speed tyres

sylus

Old School Grand Master
I know I'm going to sound a right numpty to you experienced boys but please understand the simplicity that is my life :oops: :LOL:

I've decide not to keep messing with a bike here and a bike there and start saving for one particular bike

until then I still need, not having a car, a bike to go around town on. I've chosen a cheapy singlespeed and of course it has the deep section wheels but incredibly cheap 700x23 tyres

so I want to change them and I'm assuming they are the same way to change them as the non deep wheels but then I saw the term clincher?? also are there any you would reccomend?

so I want to change the tyres on deep section wheels any advice or am I just being a big girl?

sylus":1zau4pqh said:
I know I'm going to sound a right numpty to you experienced boys but please understand the simplicity that is my life :oops: :LOL:

I've decide not to keep messing with a bike here and a bike there and start saving for one particular bike

until then I still need, not having a car, a bike to go around town on. I've chosen a cheapy singlespeed and of course it has the deep section wheels but incredibly cheap 700x23 tyres

so I want to change them and I'm assuming they are the same way to change them as the non deep wheels but then I saw the term clincher?? also are there any you would reccomend?

so I want to change the tyres on deep section wheels any advice or am I just being a big girl?

Yup, same as non-deep tyres except for the inner tubes which of course have the extra-long valves to fit the deep rims.
If you want better tyres of the same size, Michelin Krylion Carbon and Vredestein Fortezza are both brands of folding 700c x 23mm tyre I've had good experiences with.

David

Thanks David

You know those momments where you get a brain fart and a mental block..then you are to afraid to ask what seems a silly question..this was my momment :LOL:

do they have to be folding or are wired just to difficult to get on?

Thanks again

sylus":3rt4sjgj said:
Thanks David

You know those momments where you get a brain fart and a mental block..then you are to afraid to ask what seems a silly question..this was my momment :LOL:

do they have to be folding or are wired just to difficult to get on?

Thanks again

I find that ease of getting tyres off/on tends to be more down to the brands of rim and tyre used than whether or not they're folders.
Folders are easier to deal with through the post if you go for mail order though. :)

David

Maybe make life easier with a bead to bead puncture proof layer such as in Specialized Turbo Armadillo Tyres. Then hopefully you can fit and forget thus saving on the complexities of regular punctures.

Please note I have no knowledge of availability of said tyres or if they are any good but any tyre that resists punctures over as much of its surface as possible always seem a good route to simplicity to me :D

I've found Michelin Pro 3's to be very puncture resistant. It's only since the spate of road resurfacing round here that I've had puncture problems.

I ride gators and think they're excellent, bontrager race lites I like too but not as puncture resistant as gators, Held the road better in the wet in my opinion though.

Latest posts

Back