• Woody's Rocky Mountain Blizzard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RockiMtn's 1996 Dekerf Generation

• andrewl's OffRoadToad

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FC is right. I just got off the phone with Rod and Brodie did not build any ORT but may have paint some of them.

roc6839":2ni257ni said:
AMPrider":2ni257ni said:
andrewl":2ni257ni said:
GoldenEraMTB":2ni257ni said:
rc200ti":2ni257ni said:
BUT I'd kill for the bar-ends on the OffRoadToad.

same here :cool:

I have to confess I don’t even know what they are…

There was a pair of bar ends like that on my TOAD when I found it. Since the parts were basically original, I am assuming they came as standard issue with it. They look exactly like the Brodie bar ends shown in one of the catalogues in the Manufacturers Archive, but without any identifying information. They almost look as if they were produced in the same batch, but were left unbadged. Since TOAD and Brodie are both from Vancouver, this is entirely possible.
If it is a Brodie, you well find a small "b" on the side near the base. The Toad you spoke of could be made by Brodie. Guessing by the seat tube on Toad in the poll, I am guessing it is made by DeKerf. You send the serial number to DeKerf to find out.
The question should be is DeKerf, Brodie or Rod watching this poll?

There is a very faint 'b' on the left bar end, outside face. It is so faint that it is almost unreadable. I am not even completely confident it is a 'b', but I can't imagine a shape like that in that location being anything else. It must have been laser etched rather than stamped, or it would still be legible. Both bar ends are seriously battle damaged. They must have had a happy life. They are not anodized either, just raw aluminum.

FC's Fusion nearly got the click but then the pic for the eXpresso popped up and took the vote for me this time..

Cool month.. :cool:

For anyone counting, now with .83% more CAN-CON (Canadian Content). :D

Found some Syncros skewers at the LBS on a NOS Manitou FS hanging in the back room.

53cd8657.jpg

a62e9dac.jpg

FMJ":k7ouzhae said:
For anyone counting, now with .83% more CAN-CON (Canadian Content). :D

Found some Syncros skewers at the LBS on a NOS Manitou FS hanging in the back room.

They are cool FMJ but you got my vote with the hip flask, seriously though, sweet bike :D

GoldenEraMTB":148qsozl said:
Narrowed it down to the following four:

uschibert's Brodie eXpresso
FMJ's Dekerf
Woody's Rocky Mountain Blizzard
andrewl's OffRoadToad

Top four bikes imho, and like that there's one from four different builders. Good month, eh :cool:

ok, wanted to go with the Toad, but I hope to see it entered in another "normal" month with a bit more of a final build. So, going with FMJ's Dekerf, mostly cause I love that bar. Woody's and uschibert's were great, and I could've probably voted for either of those, just as easily.

Latest posts

Back