Show us yer FSR's

tenfoot":y3nlewqq said:
My FSR Comp which I bought in 98. I've always assumed it's a 98 bike but a few of you have said the orange comp was a 97 bike

IMG00098-20110115-1449.jpg

IMG00084-20101222-1319.jpg

Unfortunately this bike has just recently (in the last week) been taken out of service, due to a broken rear shock. As this is my main bike I am trying to source a rear shock, before I bite the bullet and replace it.

In the meantime, my 93 Marin Bear Valley is now my charriot of choice. No suspension - it's gonna be bumpy. :shock:

I have an original rear shock needing a new home...Rock shock deluxe

tenfoot":vpfxf41j said:
My FSR Comp which I bought in 98. I've always assumed it's a 98 bike but a few of you have said the orange comp was a 97 bike

IMG00098-20110115-1449.jpg

IMG00084-20101222-1319.jpg

Unfortunately this bike has just recently (in the last week) been taken out of service, due to a broken rear shock. As this is my main bike I am trying to source a rear shock, before I bite the bullet and replace it.

In the meantime, my 93 Marin Bear Valley is now my charriot of choice. No suspension - it's gonna be bumpy. :shock:

Was thinking about this today actually... I got my first, same as yours in '97, but it would have been a 1998 model. I picked it up when the range was launched in the September of '97. Saturday lad had the blue, i had the orange, and the shop manager had the green one (with the triple clamp Judy forks on it - Extreme?).

Dangermouse":3fnrsnvs said:
I have an original rear shock needing a new home...Rock shock deluxe

Thanks for the offer. I have just bought a fox vanilla shock off of carge. If I have any problems with co¤patibility, I might take you up on your offer.

Have to say, this really is a great website. I honestly thought my bike was pretty much written off, but now it looks like it will be going for a while yet.

Once I have the rear sorted, the next thing will be new forks as the judy t2's are shot.

Just getting to know my Epic FSR.

c0a04825.jpg

Also the reach is just a tiny bit too long for me. If I swapped the Thomson layback to a straight post, how much of a difference would it make?

:p

That does look good.

Got the rear shock off the bike tonight ready to receive the new one.

IMG00261-20110529-1806.jpg

As you can see (probably) the spring retaining disc at the bottom of the shock has failed and is now out of shape. The spring was being retained by the bushings. There is a little bit of damage to the bushings and linkage but nothing too terrible.

In the meantime a friend has lent me his Scott G-Zero to get about on.

Back