Bicyclemania 8, May 29th 2011

FluffyChicken":3terujgf said:
Anyone got the 40miler course, I have one on mapmyride but do they keep it the same each year ?
The course generally is the same most years, it just switches direction for the winter event

The start point is at Swallow as per the 2011 event info, not the start point as in my pic below from a few years ago

Be aware that some of the course is on private land (mostly the start/finish area) so it can only be ridden on the day of the event

Looking forward to this, means I get to go out on the Marin again :cool:

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 429
Depending which site you look at the weather is a close call for this. But I'm going with Metcheck as we'll just get away with it.

Attachments

• BM Weather.JPG
    BM Weather.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 410
So is the plan to have all Retrobikers start together? Is it like a mass start or do they set people off individually or groups?

Right off to take the Flite saddle off and put something more buttock friendly on :D

Antiquekona":2zzohimn said:
So is the plan to have all Retrobikers start together? Is it like a mass start or do they set people off individually or groups?

Right off to take the Flite saddle off and put something more buttock friendly on :D
If we can start together then cool, but I reckon within 400 yards we'll have been split by other riders

I'll be in my white Audi A3 and my colleague will be in his Fiesta van (Autoglass branding) and we plan to be there around 08:30 ish.

The GT's fully serviced and shiny, rareing to go now.

:cool:

I'll be wandering around in a early morning daze, will have my yellow Retrobike gilet on, so I'll look something like this

RB-FoD_20.jpg

FluffyChicken":25c6umeb said:
Was it good and did you miss the weather ?

Really good, windy but dry. Nice mix of surfaces, some woodland, fields, hardpack and one part through the middle of a rape field which would probably have been unrideable in the rain. If a winge, just a touch too much road but only came across 1 car.

Enjoyed it. Will do the 40 next time.

Back