Show us what you did today, thread

This FRAMESET is on its way to me after Dundonian-stylee haggling a knock down price ;)

kuota.jpg

......and before you all say its not me - may I just say - "Its not really me is it?"

we'll see :twisted:

carboniferous :p - I knew 3 years of geology would come in handy eventually :p

Superb Kuota are top notch old bud. Will yopu be weenieing it?

kaiser":17vf6odz said:
Superb Kuota are top notch old bud. Will yopu be weenieing it?

It would be daft not too, but will need to be in a Budget Weenie fashion so in true Dundonian/Aberdonian manner as befits my heritage I'll have an eye out for good deals :cool:

Didn't know carbon seat posts were designed with rider weight limits - will probly get this frame and find a sticker on the BB declaring "Max rider weight 14stone" or similar :LOL:

best shed a few Lbs meeself........

I can give you all budget weenie tips you need :D furinstance SRAM groupos are a good lb lighter than shimano or campag. Don't discount chinese stuff especially wheels and what not. Planet X have a fair sale on at the moment too. I had found that Ritchey WCS is some of the best £ for lb components. KCNC is lighter but more expensive but still relatively cheap.

Did I show you mine :p any excuse!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28886706@N ... 627080761/

sitting today at 15.45lbs with steerer to trim and bartape to fit. This includes two waterbottle holders. A new set of wheels will hopefully take me to low 14's.

BTW just cos the frame is carbon disnae mean you need a carbon post! they are not necessarily the lightest option. Thomsons are still a popular WW post and KCNC scandiums are lighter, as I said above the Ritchey hit the price point for me and a wet black ensemble would look good with the carbon!

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/cyclese ... ey&x=0&y=0

Inspired me to finish mine off, 15.51lbs as you see it :D

5768059201_4a7aba38b9_b.jpg

I have ideas to take it to sub14 but that wouldn't be an everyday build.

It'll be 2x9 and going to try keep it under 16lbs and under £500 inc all postage costs :shock:

could be tricky, wheels are my main enemy and crankset & bars wont help - they seem pricey.

Planet X sale is good right enough. :p

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back