And today I did......

today I went for a run and within a mile had buggered my calf :( I've been running in old race shoes that are designed for the more ahem 'economical' runner :oops:

Anyway I also got a set of bottle bolts for the road bike and true to form with this one they are not yer run of the mill but even I was surprised when they came on a wee mounting card. Here they are with pimpy spacers and pimpy cage :D

5762516693_ab1d338f8c_b.jpg

Regreased the headset bearings, put on the longer stem, my old roadie pedals and the only road saddle I've got, et voila!

DSC_3630.NEF.jpg

It's a lot comfier buzzing up and down the street than I thought it would be!

The Roady dark forces grow strong within us all :shock:

Not sure my forthcoming Raleigh Chimera will look as cool as that but at least i might be able to keep you in sight from my position far to the rear of the peleton.

Watching that criterion race around Durham on the TV midweek pushed me onto the dark path. Looking forward to the TV coverage of this years TDF already, a shameful betrayal of my mtb roots :oops:

Looks good ZZ :D remember to experiment with the angle of the brake levers/ bars, If you tilt them a smidge higher they'll get even more comfy!

kaiser":2uu2qoc0 said:
Looks good ZZ :D remember to experiment with the angle of the brake levers/ bars, If you tilt them a smidge higher they'll get even more comfy!
Funny you should say that, when I was originally setting them up while straddling the bike, they were a lot higher up since they felt right. Then I got off the bike, had a look from the side and thought 'whoa, that's far too high'. I think I'll tilt them back up now that I know I'm not making a roadie faux pas.

Back