• Poll closed .
I thought this one was going to be easy, but alas, no.... :roll:

Fluffychicken's RM looks awesome in the pic,

And I'm biased towards the Look, as it's my old F+F,

But two, for me, really stand out -

FMJ's Dekerf
Woody's RM

Just can't decide which... :? :oops:

can't we usually see the votes so far? Just voted and could only see how many people had voted and not the score board. Did I miss something or has this changed?

Woody's Blizzard gets my vote as it's a bike I remember from BITD, love the Syncros parts and the colourway is great.

development_cycle":3ezu9w9c said:
can't we usually see the votes so far? Just voted and could only see how many people had voted and not the score board. Did I miss something or has this changed?

It has been changed to a secret ballot to stop the infighting/stumping/block voting which resulted in the Great Cunningham BoTM War of 2010.

FMJ":34br63bv said:
development_cycle":34br63bv said:

It has been changed to a secret ballot stop the infighting/stumping/block voting which resulted in the Great Cunningham BoTM War of 2010.

Must have completely passed me by, ok I understand now. I'll just wait until it's announced on the home page then, cheers

andrewl":1r2ejbjs said:
GoldenEraMTB":1r2ejbjs said:
rc200ti":1r2ejbjs said:
BUT I'd kill for the bar-ends on the OffRoadToad.

same here :cool:

I have to confess I don’t even know what they are…

There was a pair of bar ends like that on my TOAD when I found it. Since the parts were basically original, I am assuming they came as standard issue with it. They look exactly like the Brodie bar ends shown in one of the catalogues in the Manufacturers Archive, but without any identifying information. They almost look as if they were produced in the same batch, but were left unbadged. Since TOAD and Brodie are both from Vancouver, this is entirely possible.

AMPrider":3ndirpe9 said:
andrewl":3ndirpe9 said:
GoldenEraMTB":3ndirpe9 said:
rc200ti":3ndirpe9 said:

There was a pair of bar ends like that on my TOAD when I found it. Since the parts were basically original, I am assuming they came as standard issue with it. They look exactly like the Brodie bar ends shown in one of the catalogues in the Manufacturers Archive, but without any identifying information. They almost look as if they were produced in the same batch, but were left unbadged. Since TOAD and Brodie are both from Vancouver, this is entirely possible.
If it is a Brodie, you well find a small "b" on the side near the base. The Toad you spoke of could be made by Brodie. Guessing by the seat tube on Toad in the poll, I am guessing it is made by DeKerf. You send the serial number to DeKerf to find out.
The question should be is DeKerf, Brodie or Rod watching this poll?

roc6839":33xhmq7b said:
AMPrider":33xhmq7b said:
andrewl":33xhmq7b said:
GoldenEraMTB":33xhmq7b said:
rc200ti":33xhmq7b said:

If it is a Brodie, you well find a small "b" on the side near the base. The Toad you spoke of could be made by Brodie. Guessing by the seat tube on Toad in the poll, I am guessing it is made by DeKerf. You send the serial number to DeKerf to find out.
The question should be is DeKerf, Brodie or Rod watching this poll?
I didn't think Brodie was one of the frame builders, Derek Bailey (aka Rocky Mountain built), Dekerf and Toby (cycle works) built them,
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 61#1065161

But as mentioned here and you say (and I think I mentioned in the ORT thread for the frame) he found his serials
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 45#1072245

Back