• Woody's Rocky Mountain Blizzard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RockiMtn's 1996 Dekerf Generation

• andrewl's OffRoadToad

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Top three for me are Woody's RM, Fluffy's RM and IboxPro's Dekerf.

I think I'd have gone for the Dekerf if it wasn't for the risers so Woody's RM snached it. I'm a sucker for white paint + dark rims and it looks box fresh. Yum! :D

after careful consideration, it has come down to three bikes, all of which i would like to own.....Soverigns.....BRODIE SOVERIGN
FMJs.............DE KERF
Woodys.........BLIZZARD.

to make my mind up, i had to start getting to the nuts and bolts of it....
as i say they are all bikes i would like to own.....so i had to make my mind up,

Cant really pick any fault with any of them they are all lush, but the tyres on the soverign i would change to amberwalls, FMJs dekerf, i would have to change the crank, and im unsure of the project two forks for this model, would be nice to see something a little more upmarket for such a stunning build, (i especially love the handlebar)....!!!

Which left me with woodys ROCKY MOUNTAIN-BLIZZARD, i couldnt find any component i wanted to change, it all sits right and looks like it has just left rocky mountain and of its era.
The paint and decals are excellent the forks/cranks and tyres all look correct, and to top it off, it really does look like a rider to me too.

I think I'd have gone for the Dekerf if it wasn't for the risers

IboxPro's DeKerf would have been my choice as well without the risers, so I'll go with the Brodie sovereign.... BUT I'd kill for the bar-ends on the OffRoadToad.

I simply based my vote on what I liked the look of, without consideration of the brand on the frame and associated components.
The results for me are:
1:Look, i jusy liked the look of it!
2: Norco TNT, classic.
3: ORT, something that green is retro gold!

I can't get used to seat stays that join the seat post above the top tube, and seat stays that look like the apprentice plumbers first ever go at brazing pipes (De Kerf), too fussy in the style department for mine.
Sorry if I offended anyone, but that's just my take on this, and when
push comes to shove, votes are usually doled out on the basis of what you would want to own, of the offerings presented.
The BoTM is more about the bicycle as art, rather than the bicycle as , well, a bicycle, so ride quality, et al, doesn't enter the equation here.
Pete.

Back