Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Google+

• Another bike site

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I'm new to this whole retro'ish bike scene!! I just picked up an old (year and model unknown) Bianchi from a classified and I'm looking to give it a lot of love and fix it up nicely! It's rideable right now but the breaks (among other parts) are questionable :S

I'll be posting up pics soon and looking forward to talking to all of you!

hi, loïc, from france, 32, 3 girl, 1 wife, 1 fish, so 5 reasons to drink. Anyway i ride mtb since 1988, a stumpjuper from my dad. And i have around 10 to 15 bicycles in my garage. Bicycle, it's my job, my wife, my passion, my way of life. i ride fixie, beach cruiser, vintage MTB, custom bike, old school BMX, vintage road bike.
cheers

Hi

Hi all,

My name is rick

And I must say im loving the site!

I started riding when my late mum bought me a scorpion bmx in 85' when I was 5 years old, I still have it hanging in my garage, i tried to revive it several years ago but couldn't source a knackered bottom bracket ahh well one day..

Then onto a Raleigh actovator caw blimey that was a hunk of er.. steel!

Then my first real MTB an 89' Gt Karakoram in galactic fade...ah heaven, bought second hand in 95', luckily I still I still have her, im trying to get her back up to scratch now.

And also a 99' orange evo 2 in slime, that I purchased about 5 years ago only because it was almost completely unused, in fact it still has the original less than half worn tires on it!

Im on a mission to get my gt sorted now thanks to retrobike!

Hello from South London

Hi fellow retro freaks, my name is Mark and I'm from South London.

I got into MTBs as a form of physiotherapy following a couple of skiing accidents in the late 90s. I don't do much trail riding but do like to use MTBs as sturdy and dependable commuter bikes.

In the last couple of years I have returned to the ski slopes on a skibike, yes a bike with two skis instead of wheels. If anyone wants to try it contact me for further information about plans for the 2011-12 season.

I found this site because I have become a bit of a Marin fanboy and needed to work out the old model ranges. The archive is a fantastic resource and was raided for all the old scanned catalogues.

I have a very curious 3 speed Swiss town bike called a Staco, which is set up much as the original MTBs must have been in the 70s.
My skibike is a converted Marin East Peak from 2000.
I am currently building up a 1991 Marin Stinson to be a commuter bike and am in the early stages of restoring a 1991 Marin Muirwoods as a fun machine.

Keep up the good work, the projects I have seen here are a great inspiration.

New dude

Hello all, I'm chiming in from the States, California to be exact. Found the site searching about old MTB's I have had in the past...
Parkpre
Malcolm Smith
Raleigh...
Great site

Hello

I found this site whilst researching a fix on my bike.

In the process of buying new hybrids for me and the misses, and was thinking about using whats left of our old bikes to build one hack. Looking around here I was surprised with what people are doing with these old MTB's.

Mine is a 95 Marin Palisades Trail with AMP F3 shox. pedals are shot, front wheel is questionable, the rear was replaced last year. Gearing is all Deore XT, with twist grips.

Hers is 95 Trek 970, rear wheel rim has spokes puling out :0 , and has a problem with the 32 tooth on the chain ring. its missing 6 teeth and chain jumps if any force put on it. STX gearing all round again with twist grips.

We upgraded both to deore v brakes some time ago.

As I couldn't find a replacement for the chain ring locally, decided on move to buy something new, and build one out of two. This site has kind on inspired me too maybe keep both. The Trek always felt lighter and easier to get moving, so the original plan was to swap working parts from the Marin to get the trek useable, including the AMP forks.

Aside from the rear wheel i probably got the parts to make the second bike a single speed, and stick some nice road tyres on it. The First bike would be used for offroad.

Question now is, which way round. Which of the two is going to be best offroad. would i be better putting all the good stuff onto the Marin? as the Trek does have a nice cruise feel to it already.

Enough rambling for a first post

I'm JD, and I currently live in Killington VT (USA). Think Ski-Town.

I stumbled upon this site while researching parts and repairs to old Kleins.

I picked up my first Mountain bike in 1988 (A Meile). I did a lot of racing from 1992-1999. Mostly Mountain XC at the expert and semi-pro level. I had a lot of great sponsors and got to ride many fantastic bikes. Even better, I bought a lot of fantastic bikes, and have a lot old parts lying around.

I'm glad a place for old tired codgers exists.

Hello!

My name's Mike and I've been on here a while snooping, thought i'd do the decent thing and make myself known now i've got a suitable bike.

I found out about this site (especially the sales section) after being a regular on lfgss and occasionally seeing threads linked.

The first thing that has shocked me is how much cheaper retro mtb items are compared to road components. I may be totally wrong but this seems like a very good thing.

I just bought myself a Raleigh M-Trax 2000 ti which i intend to start a thread about soon.

Also hats off to the dedicated people scanning old catalogues, very helpful.

Grrreets from FINLAND.

Do not know if I am the only FINN one here (quite sure not) but have a great interest for (cx)bicycling. There are some other "good" reasons of course. Having a family with small kids You have to calculate your leisure time better, meaning time for exercises like running, gym or cycling. A daily commuting (about 35 km´s including return) is a good choice. Secondly, retrobiking is better than following up all of those ultra-light moonrockets which cost huge amount of money, even if You only are watching them. Thirdly. Nothing can beat the second-hand retro-bikes. You may wonder what kind of racing stories they "can" tell...

Something in FINNISH. Varsin kattava foorumi mitä on jo jonkin aikaa tullut luettua. Lahinna erilaista retro-tietoa haeskelen.

Matti (Helsinki)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back