MOTOR CHAT

I've still got a nice crowbar that was wedged in the engine bay of my old Volvo from when the garage did my cambelt... Funnily enough, never used them again.

am a fully qualified car mechanic rob ;) done a 5 year apprenticeship :cool:

but i know more about hammers than cars these days :twisted:

Pick your brains time. Finally going to get the new car, I've decided on a 7seater. At the moment I like the look of the Citroen C4 grand picasso but the Mazda 5 seems to trump it for value. So whadya think? Any experience or thoughts? The car has to be reliable and comfy, we've decided on this type because we see ourselves holidaying at home for the next few years. It will most likely not be a daily driver or high miler and I tend to keep my cars for yonks!

Mazda over Picasso unless brand new and warrantied - I still don't trust french electrics to last. Is the mazda a proper 7 seater though? they used to be 6 + 1 - not an issue for you just now but might be in the future as the + 1 is in the middle row.

If I was better off I would have the new Kia Sorrento - 50mpg for the 2 wheel drive version and loads of space, it's 20k plus though.

Others to consider...
Verso gets good write ups and you know what I think of Tourans.

Depends how much Ford is in the Mazda5, do a bit of research, is a rebadged C-Max? ... Anyway, I've put 52K on the MX-5 in 2.5 years, nowt gone with it, regular servicing only.

In terms of reliability, I suspect the Verso would be the one to go for.

There seems to be a premium attached to some cars because of school run desirabilities! I like the Fords but you don't seem to get too much for your money. The Mazda seems like the common sense approach but for the life of me however many times I look at it I instantly forget it, it is a 7 seater too. The Citroen comparitvely at least looks good and we've had out C4 for a while now with no bother. Verso's seem to be quite rare :eek: certainly in my price range >8500(if anyone will take the Focus)

Back