The 2003 Dean colonel that is actually an Epic Synergy Ti

Sad story. Why do people insist on ripping eachother off?! :evil:
I also think it would be better not to label it up as a dean again, but hey it's your bike. As long as you don't sell it on as a dean, as you've clearly stated you won't, it's ok by me. :D I think the decals look just great.

I can understand why you were pissed off. Regardless of whether the frame is any good or not you still brought it thinking it was a Dean which was completely misleading.

I'd de-sticker it and build up in a stealthy fashion.

Just playing around with images that are available on the web could lead to a cool, unique set of decals that are more correct. Choose a color that matches in with the rest of the kit and it would look ace :)

Everti.jpg

BTW this isn't meant as a criticism the frame does indeed look lovely :cool:

Decals

Anyone want to buy a genuine set of Dean decals in red? :roll:

The Everti decals look great, but I would prefer Epic.

Where the hell did you find those? I have looked and can't find any at all.

Re: Decals

peteteamtig":rmak1b5x said:
Where the hell did you find those? I have looked and can't find any at all.

Just a bit of copy paste edit from google :D

I can have a look for some Epic ones too, but I think the HT badge for the ^^ is very cool :)

Hmm the plot thickens ......

After a quick google the picture of the Epic Tirant does not look the sames as your frame at all:

Tirant dropouts:

TiRant_4.jpg

Tirant TT cable routing:

TiRant_2.jpg

BB:

TiRant_5.jpg

Complete frame:

TiRant_3.jpg

After a bit more digging it looks like it was their Synergy model that best matches yours ... The frame only (below) was a custom build with canti tabs but there is a full bike build that is more like your frame.

Looks a far closer match - Custom frame:

Ricks_frame.jpg

Complete bike:

Synergy_side_2_03.jpg

Blurb:

The Synergy is our longest running production model with new features for 2005. We have introduced a tapered 35mm-50mm downtube to increase the power transfer with out any weight penalty. Another new feature is the integrated dropout/disk mount which ensures maximum strength and alignment where you need it.

With re-engineered geometry for longer travel forks, the Synergy is now even better equipped for extreme back-country fun!

The 3/2.5 titanium tubing produces a lively ride with vibration damping qualities found nowhere else. You will appreciate the difference after one ride!

Each frame is handcrafted, one at a time by people who care about quality. After the frame has been welded and quality control checked, a durable scotch-bright finish is then applied. The Synergy features straight gauge, seamless 3/2.5 titanium tubing throughout and 6/4 titanium dropouts and small parts.

Details like these set Epic apart from the competition.

Finally to add a silver lining ........

It could have been a completely custom bike using the Synergy as a basis a la:

Jeroens_bike2.jpg

MArk :D

Epic

It does look like the custom frame in the bottom pic. :roll:

So Synergy it is by the looks of things.

Synergy is one of my employers favourite management buzz words.

Crumbs......... :D

The Epic decals look great too.

If we ever meet I'm going to buy you a pint or two!

Back