WTD- Center pull Hangers

Piperdave

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi,

I am looking for both front and rear cable hangers for center pull brakes, suitable for a Claude Butler circa 1960. Prefferably non-Q/D Also looking for a pair of "Weinmann" straddle plates.

Can anyone out there help?

Many thanks,

D

If "straddle plates" are whAT i CALL HANGERS i HAVE SOME YOU CAN HAVE.JM.sorry didn't meen to shout fingers arent working today.

Jim,
i guess that this is the same thing, small flatish plate that connects the main brake cable with the loop on the center pull caliper. Some have Wienmann stamped on them.

I would love some, many thanks.

Still looking for the front and rear cable mountings. Rear fits on to the seat post bolt, front on the steerer, between the headset and locknut :?

Cheers,

Dave

I have these, though I think they're more like late 1970s vintage.

The front hanger is a shimano one and the rear one has some corrosion on it.

The calipers have got 'Made in Switzerland' stamped on the back if that's any help as a reference.

If you want the lot including the weinmann calipers and levers you can have them for £25 posted.

Rich

Attachments

• weinmann 001.JPG
    weinmann 001.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 1,889
  • weinmann 002.JPG
    weinmann 002.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,889
Wynne, thanks for the info.

I would be interested in the two hangers, but have sourced calipers and levers already. JM has been VERY kind in supplying some wienmann plates :cool:

PM me a price, i will get back after the weekend, as its my birthday and i won't be doing much interweb stuff.

Dave

Back