A couple of Mayhem Questions .....

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
It seems that as of about 1800 on Saturday I am being abandoned by Mrs LMTTM and dogs :roll:

So .... got me tent ready and two bikes but:

1) When sleeping (if allowed :LOL: ) what do folks do with their bikes? I may have a car to put them in Friday night but not Saturday.

2) How much kit do folk take? Tent, mattress, money, a few pairs of shorts, helmet, few spares - what else?

3 ) More silly questions to come

i am taking loads of bikes, but then i have a van, if i am paranoid i'd stick them all back in the van but i have walked away from my area leaving the bikes unlocked and not worried because there were so many other retrobikers around, having said that i wouldn't do all the time.

i would suggest bringing a lock, and if your tent is big enough and you're going for a wander without your bike then stick the bike in the tent so it can't be seen.

generally there have been enough of us on our little camping area that security hasn't been a major issue

as far as kit goes, take as much as possible, if you are on a 4 man team you might need several changes of kit if it rains, my view is take 1 set of kit for every lap you are likely to do.

hope that helps :)

for the last couple of years a few of us get there early on thursday and mark out a good size area trackside for all of us to camp in. so last time there was about 50 of us all in on place, it was well cool! :cool:

longun":2ygna40x said:
do we park cars at the camping area?

Yes, parking is in the camping area. Asked Jango this evening about onsite water and there are standpipes all over the site.

Parking/camping in the same place, cool!

Water on tap (Ba-Dum-Tsh...Thank you, I'll be here all week)

I'd say that with a large group of us security shouldn't be too much of an issue, but as always with large events the local scrotes will probably know that there will be tens of thousands of pounds worth of bikes in one place at one time, it's not unknown for bikes to disappear from events like Mayhem, I don't know if Mayhem has been a victim of any thefts previously.

I'm aiming to get there as soon as I can which is probably gonna be Friday

2 maybe 3 bikes, quite a few spares, lots of clothing, general camping stuff, might bring me hammock along too if there's room ;)

The 2nd & 3rd Mountain Mayhems were at Sandwell Valley in Birmingham. This is a park surounded by housing estates. Many bikes disappeared from outskirts of the camping area. The little scrotes waited until dark, quickly dashed in, nicked a bike and then disappeared back into the estate.

If your all in one area I'd also suggest parking your cars/vans in a way that means your area only has one way in and out (if you can) cowboy caravan stylee. This means security is easier to monitor as all visitors are seen.

This is my tip from Le Mans where security really is a problem, but you might not need to be quite so paranoid at MM

Back