Modern flat pedals or Time spd's.

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Smaller and lighter the better.
Ideally black. silver or grey.

I have come to the conclusion that SPD's give me pins and needles in my feet so flat pedals it is :D
Unless anybody knows of a clip in pedal with alot more float than a shimano spd?

it may be not the pedals but your seating position...are you getting numbness elsewhere..ie fingers for example...i had the same problem and it turned out my whole way of sitting on the bike was wrong...now i just out of breath instead

i rode the same bike at FoD the other day with flat pedals and had know issues at all.
I was thinking maybe Time pedals as i think they have a lot of float?
However the ideal thing would me the micro flat pedals that Superstar were doing a couple of years ago ;)

Times do haev a lot more float - I've been aconmvert for a good few years now. well set up cleats in just the right psoition are very improtnat too - and the right shoes...

Si F

I don't mean to sound daft but the most likely cause of pins and needles is your shoes being too tight. It happened to me when I bought a pair of shoes in a sale that were half a size below what I normally take.

I second Times, especially the ROC ATAC which are slightly heavier but have a larger surface area than the regular ATACs

Back