Commencal Ti Ltd Edition

Hi,
It is amazing how much work has gone into the frame. The main tubes are double-butted and ovalised. It has calibrated sliding dropouts (£60 a pop for a "sacrificial" component :shock: ) and 6 series Ti b/b, head tube and dropout plates.
The forks are actually Magura Durin Race. I like them. They are accurate, quite light and soak up the bumps with no fuss.
Not sure of weight, no scales yet.
Your Stumpy looks great. I had a Rockhopper from about the same time.

I think if I'd have broke a drop-out on it, I'd keep the old one as something ornimental like a key-chain (an expensive one at that!).

Should have read the spec better and noticed the forks. Magura (and DT) are really expensive new. Recon they'll be a notch above Fox forks etc. I've not tried a set myself, but recon they'll be exceptional :)

Piers":1ynhnavo said:
The forks are actually Magura Durin Race. I like them. They are accurate, quite light and soak up the bumps with no fuss.

Was just about to ask you about the forks, been thinking about getting some. Any idea how they compare to a SID Team or World Cup?

Your bike looks great by the way.

Cheers.
I've never ridden any RockShox - usually cos they have been broken :? .
Personally, I'd not buy RS or Manitou for that reason; over the years I've seen so many fail, rattle, fall apart or stop working that there's not a barge pole long enough for me to touch them with.
On the other hand, I do know people who like them.
Magura just seem to keep going (like the old style Marzocci or Fox) and work well. The double arch does seem to boost the steering accuracy too. Shame Maguras are so pricey now.
Weight wise, the RS are probably lighter. But if they've stopped working...

Hoe do you find the Genesis rigid forks on your Giant? I'm tempted to go rigid in the winter, summat like the Pace RC31's

Interesting. To be honest, I've never had any problems with high end SIDs. They fit my riding style. Some people say they're noodly but I suspect they're a bit tubby. The Durins sound really good. I know they have a reputation for being expensive, but they aren't any more expensive than an equivalent Fox or Rock Shox.

Back