The MS Racing/alpinestars story.

brocklanders023":34vyd4s9 said:
sinnett177":34vyd4s9 said:
brocklanders023":34vyd4s9 said:
Ever seen one of the full suss bikes Mark?
Afraid not Ed, but according to those lucky enough to ride one they were absolute pants.

I wonder if any of them survived? Are you keeping an eye out for one Mark or don't they interest you?
I'd definitely be interested if one came up, purely for novelty reasons really. The later cro-mega S-900 might ride ok, the design is very similar to the Boulder one. The shock was a fox shock also.

Hi all! I have just got back into riding after a 20 year absence and got myself a new bike. So what does this have to do with this thread I hear you say?! Well I still have my old bike from way back when and it is an MS Racing Pro Comp XT. Sadly this has been sat at the back of the garage for a while and needs some love and attention to bring it back to it's former glory. It has a replacement seat and handle bars but the rest is pretty much original I think. I'm not looking for any money for this, just a good home. I'm based in Wiltshire in the UK and would be interested in hearing from anyone who thinks they could rescue her.

Thanks all,

Jeff

a526166":36uwubvv said:
Hi all! I have just got back into riding after a 20 year absence and got myself a new bike. So what does this have to do with this thread I hear you say?! Well I still have my old bike from way back when and it is an MS Racing Pro Comp XT. Sadly this has been sat at the back of the garage for a while and needs some love and attention to bring it back to it's former glory. It has a replacement seat and handle bars but the rest is pretty much original I think. I'm not looking for any money for this, just a good home. I'm based in Wiltshire in the UK and would be interested in hearing from anyone who thinks they could rescue her.

Thanks all,

Jeff
Welocme to the forum Jeff, thats an amazing gesture with your MSR. I'm sure a lucky RB'er will be in contact with you to take you up on your incredible offer.

Hi Mark and thanks for the welcome. I would be happy to see the bike go to someone who has the time and skills to bring it back to life. It has not been riden for 15+ years so I would imagine it would take some money to get it usable again which is why I am more than happy to dontate it to the RB cause!

Cheers, Jeff

a526166":21qjccd7 said:
Hi Mark and thanks for the welcome. I would be happy to see the bike go to someone who has the time and skills to bring it back to life. It has not been riden for 15+ years so I would imagine it would take some money to get it usable again which is why I am more than happy to dontate it to the RB cause!

Cheers, Jeff
Jeff,

Have you had any interest? If not how would you feel about me fixing it up and using it as a prize for our National Ride Series?

Cheers Mark

Hi Mark,

That sounds like a great idea but I have had a couple of PMs from interested RBers. I will be posting some pics over the weekend/early next week so everyone can guage the condition of the bike. If those that have expressed an interest think it is too much work then I will happily donate it as a prize.

Cheers,

Jeff

Thanks for that Jeff, i'm sure it will find a happy home and if not please get in touch.

Cheers Mark

Very cool website. I have a 89 malcolm smith frame, never put together. I joined the site to post pics, but i need 5 post 1st :x

crfoot":2bha5jwj said:
Very cool website. I have a 89 malcolm smith frame, never put together. I joined the site to post pics, but i need 5 post 1st :x
Welcome to the forum, now get some posting done so we can enjoy some pictures.

Back